Winter Tyres

Buy, sell, swap, or give away your stuff.
Rudolf

Re: Winter Tyres

Post by Rudolf »

go for UST. I tried the trailraker non UST and it didnt work to make it tubless. Also UST tires have a stronger side wall. So its easyer to run low presures. You can make normal tyres tubles it just doenst work for all tyres and some wheels/rims are better for non tubless tyres. Once you have some experiece fitting tubless tyres you can try the next time to use a non tubless tyre. Ill give you a ring tomorrow. Also have a look at the Specialized tyres there much better value than the Schwalbe.

Once your tubless there is no more excusses!!
Mr Scuttleman

Post by Mr Scuttleman »

Ta. Will do but happy to get exact recommended product now than shopping around. Too complicated first time around. Choice wrecks my head when I really haven't a clue.
Will get order in with another few things over weekend. However, only around Carlow alternate weeks. In Waterford or Cork alot. It's complicated. Finding time to get over will be a challenge. Obviously need to suit you first and foremost as you doing me a big favour. Might try to tie in with a post sun cycle if suits.
Could be next winter before I get them on!!
DavidC

Post by DavidC »

Hey Roland, which specialized tyres are good? Post a couple of links there when you get a minute.
DavidT

Post by DavidT »

I know it's raining right now, but the trails were lovely and dry on Wed night - no muck on the bike coming home!! You'll be fine for another while with what you've got.
DavidF

Post by DavidF »

Brian Hennessy wrote:Wine and cheese is why I cycle.
Welcome to the club.

Ok Brian, just cos I like wine and cheese too, I'm going to help you out a bit more here. Now that you have made the choice of tyre, specifically these are the ones you want:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=83327
and
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=54089

As King Roland of der Nederlanders says go for the UST (tubeless) tyres from the start.
Rudolf

Post by Rudolf »

Roland is to busy to post on the forum at the moment.
Mr Scuttleman

Post by Mr Scuttleman »

Thanks David,
Tucking in right now. Just in the door from work and need some comfort. Hoping to take an early detour to Ballyhoura in am on the way to Cork to undo.
Discovered skiing and mountain biking too late in life so I never miss an opportunity for either. Too limited though.
You always make it easy for me. I need that. That Haro BMX bike is a gem and was a steal. Went back for another for no. 2 son but they were gone.
Got 18 inch Black Sheep BMX below for no. 3 lad (6 yrs). Smallest one that I could get. Someone else might be interested.
Clearly winter tyres of much more interest to all than MBUK on Zinio!

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=84239