Hope Pro II rear hub sevrice

Buy, sell, swap, or give away your stuff.
DavidF

Hope Pro II rear hub sevrice

Post by DavidF »

not really buying or sellling but I didn;t know where else to put it
There's a few mtb'ers out there with the Hope Pro2 rear hub. I always service mine i.e. rlece bearings at this time of year. Like all these things its easy when you know how, daunting when you don't

Here's the guide that I use. These are great hubs, but you need to swap the bearing out before they seize up, which they do in my experience

http://www.cyclistno1.co.uk/features/ma ... ervice.htm
Rudolf

Re: Hope Pro II rear hub sevrice

Post by Rudolf »

Just did mine front and rear. Also replaced the springs and pawls in the fee hub. Noticed that water will get in the free hub so I will order a new dust cover /seal for the free hub .Great hubs to service.
BShaugh

Post by BShaugh »

Weirdo bike nerds!!!! :ugeek:
DavidF

Post by DavidF »

Rudolf wrote: Noticed that water will get in the free hub so I will order a new dust cover /seal for the free hub
Its good to replace the springs and pawls just to get that nice clicky sound back

I also notice that the seal is not good after you remove it for the first time. Where do you get a new seal?

Shocks: you're just jealous that you don;t know the difference between a pawl and a freehub :o
Rudolf

Post by Rudolf »

Last time i got the seal in OC tunning. But i might have to get it of ebay or some of the online bike shops this time. I can order 2 if you need one. It will save shipping costs.
DavidC

Post by DavidC »

Rudolf

Post by Rudolf »

Yes. Thats great with free postage. I will order one tonight.