bike helmut

Buy, sell, swap, or give away your stuff.
afoley

bike helmut

Post by afoley »

anyone have a bike helmut i could buy? i broke mine when i went skidding down the hill in the ice the other day!!!! glad i broke the hlemut and not my head!!! doesn't have to be fancy, just functional!
DavidC

Re: bike helmut

Post by DavidC »

I don't have a helmet, sorry, but do tell us how you came to be skidding downhill. Was it on your fancy new road bike? Or has the fancy new MTB finally arrived? Or were you on a bike at all? At the rate people were falling it may have been wise to wear a helmet walking to the shop.
DavidF

Post by DavidF »

i have a few spare helmets. and given that i have a little head they will probably fit you. will i bring them on Sunday?
afoley

Post by afoley »

i'm away this weekend david f, and won't make tt, but will be at meeting on fri if you wanna bring one along- thanks!
DavidF

Post by DavidF »

sure will, i have a selection for you.
afoley

Post by afoley »

DavidC wrote:but do tell us how you came to be skidding downhill.
suffice to say that i underestimated the reality of cycling in the snow, and hit a really icey patch at the end of a hill- i went one way, the bike went the other!, all at the same time and same spot as a car did a spin and a pedestraian fell to the ground! all very exciting, and an entertaining spectacle for those still on their feet! no injuries, just a good laugh at myself!!!
new mtb due to arrive end of jan/feb- looking forward to gettin out on the mountain again!
DavidC

Post by DavidC »

Ice biking on skinny tyres. Mad for adrenalin you are. Sooner the better you get that MTB!