All things race-related.
DavidF

Re: Blackstairs adventure race

Post by DavidF »

what are y'all doing 3,5 or 7?
johnd

Post by johnd »

A swift bit of dectective work: http://www.activeglobal.com/Events/inde ... tID=187446
reveals Barry, Mike & David Tully all doing 7 steps

Me too
colm mc grath

Post by colm mc grath »

Im in, but only doing the 5 steps
BShaugh

Post by BShaugh »

Me too
pjd

Post by pjd »

I'm in for seven
BShaugh

Post by BShaugh »

Early has been extended by a couple of days, see their facebook page
BarryB

Post by BarryB »

Have shocks or pj got any training plans based on insanity planned for this I seem to remember riding to the nine stones with runners in a bag and then running up slieve ban a few years back
BShaugh

Post by BShaugh »

No specific plan Barry but given that we can expect to be on our feet for at least 4 hours I guess training should be a lot of long steady stuff taking in plenty of Hills. If possible two long runs à week (start at 1hr 20 build to 2.30) , two cycles and whatever you can fit in between and a week to taper. All long runs at very easy pace (for me hr <123 or 6-6.30km)
pjd

Post by pjd »

Was talking to a guy I know involved and this is what's planned for Saturday 30 th.

"Starting at 9.00am from the complex in Rathnure, we'll first do the run (approx 5 mls) to the meeting place which takes you over the first mountain. Stopping there, we'll return to the complex in Rathnure (5mls) and take to the bike for a bike ride of approximately 18 mls covering not all but a good section of the route. That will take us back to the Complex in Rathnure. The idea is to get a flavour of the course at a leisurely pace"

So we run to top of first hill and back to cars at Rathnure and then bike around some of course.

Personally I'll probably just do the run because the next morning is John D's tour of that area. See here:http://www.racing795forum.com/home/view ... f=7&t=1425
pjd

Post by pjd »

Right the training starts now....
Mike and myself can't make the orgainized run/bike training as above so we are heading out earlier.

Leaving the square in Bunclody at 7am this Saturday driving out to Rathnure.We will car pool.
Running first & second runs aprox 15-16km total.
Handy pace.

Mike will be the tour guide as he ran them on Monday.
Its 50 /50 as to wether you bring trail or road runners.

Who's going ?