Dublin marathon

All things race-related.
DavidT

Re: Dublin marathon

Post by DavidT »

Tracker: http://track.rtrt.me/e/TDL-DUBLINM-2014
Search for "racing" and you'll get a few :)
ragingbill-74

Post by ragingbill-74 »

Okay, this is my first marathon and I could do with some tips and pacing advice. Pm me please, I need help!!
Dena

Post by Dena »

Hi bill,
Follow the link below and use one of your most recent and honest times (not a down hill race or short etc...)

Tom and myself use this for pacing times every race we do. If used properly it's extremely accurate. If your a tad worried and 5seconds a mile to the first half of the marathon and then you can push on for the 2nd half. If there is an official pacer doing the time your looking for I'd suggest going with them, you will be in a pack then the last thing you want is to get isolated especially around miles 4 to 8.

Best of luck

http://www.mcmillanrunning.com

Oh and needless to say this calculator assumes the training has been done, the prediction is what your capable of.
For instance I ran 1:27.02 in galway 2 weeks ago which gives me 3:03 prediction however I've missed a bit of training since due to injury so I'm going to allow for that and go out a little slower. ;)
DavidT

Post by DavidT »

There was a Q&A piece on Facebook yesterday - a few things:

You should have received an acceptance slip from eventmaster - check your email. If you don't have it, contact office@dublinmarathon.ie

Someone else can collect the number for you. You give them a letter giving them permission to do so and we will give them your number. [Plus your acceptance slip, signed - see above]

Loos near all of the water stations en route

No tv coverage but will be recorded and shown on setanta at some point in the future

Pacing groups:
There will be a pacers stand at the Expo, where you can get the chance to ask the pacers themselves directly...however to answer your question, we pacers are under orders to run even splits as much as possible but of course we are not going to try to blast up a sharp hill at the same pace we run down it so some individual mile/km spilts might be slightly faster or slower than others. However we will try to run as evenly as possible over each 5k split. Everyone should take responsibilty for their own race all the same, so if you feel the pace group is running up a hill too fast for you just simply back off a bit, keep them in sight and catch back up later. There is no need to stick to pacers like glue in fact it's preferable that you don't, use them as a guide.

On the Question on gels, Yes we have High5 available at the 16Mile and 21Mile marks on the route. They will be a mixture of IsoGels and regular gels in a variety of flavors. Lucozade will also be provide at 4 points on the route, 9.5M, 13M, 19M and of course at the Lucozade Wall of support at 22M.
ragingbill-74

Post by ragingbill-74 »

Thanks Dena and David.
BShaugh

Post by BShaugh »

The race starts at mile 21 Bill. No matter how good you are feeling stick to your plan. The wheels can come off very quickly. Don't be skipping by and running up on footpaths at the start, get well up the pack. Save every bit of energy you can early on. Best of luck to all especially the first timers.
BShaugh

Post by BShaugh »

What's the final list?

David, Trish, Bernie, Bill, Dena? Did Kate make It back from injury?
DavidT

Post by DavidT »

Mike I believe.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Guilty as charged....
ragingbill-74

Post by ragingbill-74 »

Are we gettin together for a team huddle before the race?