All things race-related.
DavidC

Re: Dena's Ironman

Post by DavidC »

Good luck from the Conways.
BShaugh

Post by BShaugh »

Best of luck Dena, hope you can relax now and get plenty of sleep before hand. Looking forward to the race report!

Brian
BarryB

Post by BarryB »

:D Best of luck Dena and remember Tom you are going to have to be Jonny on the ball with the up to the minute updates
niallomuiri

Post by niallomuiri »

go for it dena............and take your time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
afoley

Post by afoley »

my god, i can't believe the time has come round so fast! best of luck Dena- you're some woman!
joy

Post by joy »

Welcome home Dena hope you managed some quality r&r in sunny spain while the rest of us put up with rain, hailstones, rain, ground frost, rain, gales oh and did i mention rain :roll: more promised for tomorrow just to p niall off during the wicklow 200 :lol:
Dena

Post by Dena »

Well lads thanks a million for the show of support before i went, obviously things didn't go to plan but hay ho i live to fight another day. Being DQ never ever entered my worse nightmares (and i had a few of them), Im doing all the stages, disbelief, denial, ANGER, sorrow and now I'm letting go hence the searching all day for IM races later in the year.

I received a full refund and an apology from the race directors, although it is a rule they believe i should have been allowed to continue and then appealed it after, which makes it a little easier.

I'v have received some lovely shows of support from calls, to text to beautiful flowers (thank you) it means so much to me to know that people are thinking of me. At least i know i can do the swim 72min which was a head of prediction.

Here's to the next one!

Dena
Attachments
85294-018-010t.jpg
85294-018-010t.jpg (5.91 KiB) Viewed 5809 times
pcoulahan

Post by pcoulahan »

I can only imagine how pissed off you must feel as I know what the training for an IM takes. If it was me i probably would have hit someone :x

I'll be ironmanning in Kerry in august if you're looking for a cheap close to home race.
DavidF

Post by DavidF »

thats the spirit, it'll make the next one all the sweeter :D
frankb

Post by frankb »

Fair play Dena - great attitude to something that must have been v v v difficult to take. You were so unfortunate to come across a person who had a little power but could n't handle it with some common sense.