All things race-related.
pjd

Re: April triathlons & duathlons

Post by pjd »

:lol:
t redmond

Post by t redmond »

Best of luck lads as you get the tri season underway..
DavidF

Post by DavidF »

Good luck folks, always a nice race to get the season underway
DavidF

Post by DavidF »

I hear we have a new top dog...goes by the pseudonym of Frances :)

well done , all comfortably in the top 100

http://www.triathlonireland.com/index.p ... 7&nid=1211
don

Post by don »

Nice to be back on the race circuit yesterday regardless of results. Delighted to see Bill take up the 795 jersey for the first time doing triathlon and he had a great race and result. But I think it's safe to say everyone wants to know how our newest female member Frances Did it yesterday and podiumed in the 50-54 age group. So over to you Frances
frankb

Post by frankb »

Well done to Wild Bill, Don and Frances on completing their first tri of 2013 - looking forward to the report from Sister Frances
DavidF

Post by DavidF »

I wonder is there a forum somewhere else in this land where all the talk is of a Mr Pj Dunne :)
pjd

Post by pjd »

Check Cobh triathlon club Facebook page!
Sorry cant link it.
BShaugh

Post by BShaugh »

Well done lads. Don is still the man to beat in the water, looks like really nice progress again Pj in all 3 from last year sweet. Snapping at their heels bill fair play
pjd

Post by pjd »

Nenagh national series sprint triathlon:

In an attempt to not be out done by Yvonne on the day of her 40 th birthday party, I decided to get a sex change and top my age group! :o
I know it reads like a headline off one of Niall O 'Muiri stories but it goes a little something like this........

Friday been Yvonne's birthday I said I'd treat her so we headed off to Nenagh for a night away in a hotel ( and a triathlon).
I registered for the race the Friday night. But instead of getting my own number and chip I got Francis Mary Buckleys ! The organisers said they would change it around, no problem.
Roll on Saturday morning and Don and Raging bill had arrived. We chatted and set up our transition areas.
20130420_084635 (640x480).jpg
20130420_084635 (640x480).jpg (263.58 KiB) Viewed 4759 times
I was off first in wave 2 and Bill in wave 6 Don in wave 7.
I had just a 30 min wait after race briefing but the lads had a bit longer so we said our good lucks and off we went.

I think we all had a pretty uneventful swim. Head down and push as hard as you can. I was lucky I wasn't held up but Don was held up and Bill had shoulder trouble.Despite the above Don put in a savage swim time and Bill not far behind.

The bike course is undulating and there were cross winds at times.
Don took the honours here also on his fast and sleek looking bike.
Francis (akaPJ)was only 3 seconds behind Don. Bill told me after he thought he was pushing to hard so backed off ( no so raging bill after all!!) or maybe that was the drink talking! ;)

The run is 5.25km and had 2 long drags on it.
Despite that only 1 second separated Bill and Francis run times.
Don's legs decided they had enough and went home early( his own words) :shock:
But now that his Achilles injury is sorted the training will start in earnest. Watch out.

The funny thing about pool tri's is that I was showered changed car packed checked out and leaving transition with my bike when Bill was exiting the pool after his swim and I was on motorway before Don even started.
As I was in a rush to get back I couldn't hang around to give abuse or support for that matter.

The finish times:
Francis Mary Buckley (aka P.J.). 1:14:18. 68 th/250
Don 1:14:34. 72nd/250
Bill 1:15:44. 84th/250

On the day where I came home ahead of Don for the first time it's a pity I was a woman called Francis aged between 50-54. But at least i won my age group. Now where's my prize!
Don dont feel to bad as theres only 3 people in the club who have "beaten" you!

Thanks Yvonne for the support. I think we're equal after party!
Last edited by pjd on Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.