Wicklow Way Relay 2013

All things race-related.
pcoulahan

Re: Wicklow Way Relay 2013

Post by pcoulahan »

I did my recce of leg 4 today and it was fine except for the end. I worked off the map for leg 4 in Dropbox above and the the 2013 leg descriptions given on the IMRA website - https://www.imra.ie/ad-hoc/WWR%20leg%20descriptions.doc - and I got a bit confused as they differ a good bit for the last couple of km. Looking at the leg photos on the IMRA site I can see where I went wrong and where the map isn't correct. I will have to rerun the last 3-4km again some evening this week. Goes to show a reccee is essential.
Orls

Post by Orls »

I'm doing my recce tomorrow.
frankb

Post by frankb »

Just to say those maps are based on an old version of Wicklow way so any changes/modifications since is not reflected. However if all those from last year sent on their garmin route I can redo the maps using this layering. Garmin routes posted earlier by pj an I will be more accurate than maps. Watch imra forum for any modifications since last year due to felling etc.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Ross and I went up on Friday evening to have a look, The runs went well, found our way no problem, Great evening for a run in the Wicklow Mountains, if saturday is near a good it'll be a fantastic day. Unfortunately I don't think the records for legs one and two are in any danger unless of course we can get our hands on some miracle drug before the weekend. :o
pjd

Post by pjd »

Tracy and myself ran her leg last Friday.
It's changed quite a bit due to felling so other garmin links from last yr may not be correct.
It's shorter but a horrible climb on the road.
As Frank/Tracy have said check the imra forum for up to date info.
BShaugh

Post by BShaugh »

Beetroot juice Mike!! Get it into you!
pcoulahan

Post by pcoulahan »

The leg photos that are linked to from the stage descriptions on the IMRA website were useful for me - showed me where I went wrong today. I'm going to rerun the last bit tomorrow evening to be sure.

Was glorious weather today. Got sunburned. Hopefully it'll be the same on the day.
joy

Post by joy »

Recce done today, no changes so all good :) looking forward to it, any suggestions on car pooling etc. ps looking forward to the celebratory drinks in the sunshine at the finish.
Orls

Post by Orls »

Did mine today too. What an amazing trail on our doorstep :D . Looking forward to the weekend now!
t redmond

Post by t redmond »

Great stuff guys, maybe we can discuss the car smoking this eve at the run session.