All things race-related.
DavidF

Re: Blackstairs adventure race

Post by DavidF »

Great stuff lads
lazyboypops

Post by lazyboypops »

Very tough day today, the 6km mountain "run" was an absolute killer. Once again lack of training reared its ugly head, I'll just never learn :roll:

Fantastic result from Mike to finish 3rd in a tough event followed very closely by PJ and Barry. The Tully bros did themselves proud on their first serious outing in a race of this nature.

Thanks to all the supporters who turned up to cheer us on for the day especially James who seemed to be everywhere.
Jim o87 2i895i4 jimfurlongatgmail
BrianM

Post by BrianM »

Well done lads, fair play
BShaugh

Post by BShaugh »

Yis bunch of savages!!! Great stuff lads, fair play, they are seriously hard races

Super result Mike, that is some going!
BarryB

Post by BarryB »

Great day out brilliant support thanks James for being everywhere, Lorraine and Kate plus family's at graignamana waiting to see one of us for falling in. Thanks also to all the dunnes Conway tullys & Byrnes providing finish line cheerleaders. Great results the old man (second in his age group we think) :D dt making up serious ground in the final 1/3 finishing strong. Alan t providing a carrot for me to chase nothing like a team mate up the road. Pj would have given mike a good run for his money with a slim line kayak. Finally mike savage stuff but with great power comes great responsibility. podium = race report :D
pjd

Post by pjd »

Great race today. Well done all.
I think it was everyones first ad race ( apart from me my 2nd)
Where's the next one? (Ps exclude me ta)
Thanks to everyone for the support etc.

Mike is proof that your age is just a number :D
Well done Mike great honest racing.

Ps Shocks I have your goodie bag, you won't believe the amount of flyers they put in it tho :lol: along with a lovely green running top. I asked for yours John and Colm but they didn't have your names on any lists :?:
f redmond

Post by f redmond »

Well done lads.
Orls

Post by Orls »

Well done one and all. Looked like a brilliant day out. Congrats on podium finish Mike, very impressive!
DavidT

Post by DavidT »

Really appreciated Team795 running the first 10k together - can't pace to save my life and was glad of the company.
Well done Mike on the podium finish! Serious time PJ and good chasing Barry to catch Alan who made serious time on the kayak.
Thanks to James for the motivation on course and all the support in Graiguenamanagh and the finish line - really appreciated it.
And yes I'd do it again :)
AlanT

Post by AlanT »

Well, the morning after. Abit sunburnt and sore. Great race yesterday, mighty stuff by Mike for the podium finish. Great running with the team for the 10km and cycle into Graig .
Well done to Jim, Dave, Barry and PJ - i take it you've all been on donedeal looking at prices for kayak for next year or for a few weeks time in Waterford ? :o http://www.waterfordadventurerace.com/thecourse.shtml
Many thanks to James on the team motorbike for all the updates, and to all the cheerleaders and of course the photos by Kate, please see below 8-)

https://plus.google.com/photos/10319079 ... k6X006L3LQ