TriAthy

All things race-related.
Orls

TriAthy

Post by Orls »

Hi, who's doing what on Saturday? I was wondering if there was a space on any car going to the Olympic Tri? I won't need a lift back (heading to Dublin for night) but am looking for someone to take bike back for me if possible. Thanks
t redmond

Re: TriAthy

Post by t redmond »

Best of luck to all club members participating in the Olympic and sprint distance. Fin and myself will head over to cheer ye on :D
Dena

Post by Dena »

Sorry orla we r heading tomorrow, hope u get sorted. C u up there.
niallomuiri

Post by niallomuiri »

Orls, Im doing the sprint...dont think I'll head over till 1pm....sorry, if your really stuck, give me a shout...you wont be left behind
BShaugh

Post by BShaugh »

Best of luck all, looking forward to hearing how it goes
ragingbill-74

Post by ragingbill-74 »

I shall be doing Olympic Sat if my hip flexor strain heals in time!!! I usually park in a little known carpark down left side of church for Carlton abbey hotel on monasterevin rd which is about 100yds from transition. Really handy. If anyone has any other suggestions, it would be nice to have a little get together before race.
johnd

Post by johnd »

Good luck to all in Athy this weekend
Any first timers, remember keep to the side going upstream and stay I'm the middle swimming downstream
River bed is a bit weedy so you will probably have to swim through some weeds, but there's hardly anywhere that you can't stand up if you need to
Don't forget to decide who's doing the race report!
Lou Lou

Post by Lou Lou »

sorry im bummer a lift already myself so cant help sorry
ragingbill-74

Post by ragingbill-74 »

I'm a non-starter tomorrow. Hip flexor not healed enough. I'm defo Raging Bill now.
frankb

Post by frankb »

Bill - had that exact injury last year and said i'd chance the swim and see how the bike would go but reckoned i definitely wouldn't be able to do the run. Weird thing happened - the swim seemed to sort me out and away i went. Might be worth considering!

Folks - good look to all and especially Neil who is competing in his first open water swim and is secretly hoping to do the 750m in sub 10 :o

We should try and meet up in Transition for a group photo at 9.20ish for those doing Olympic and draw lots on who does race report!