Irish 2010 Downhill National champs 14th/15th August

All things race-related.
BrainY

Re: Irish 2010 Downhill National champs 14th/15th August

Post by BrainY »

Gazpw wrote:if you have a head for the steep nasty rocky drop sections then you are going to do well, but if you are of a slightly nervous standing then it's going to be a long 3 mins on the track.
Your sorted
Gazpw

Post by Gazpw »

Brian wrote:
Gazpw wrote:if you have a head for the steep nasty rocky drop sections then you are going to do well, but if you are of a slightly nervous standing then it's going to be a long 3 mins on the track.
Your sorted
Some of the bits are tough, i had to stop and look and realy push myself to actually do them, once i was over them it wasn't so bad, the next time around was easier. There are chicken runs around all of them but your not going to win by going on those so it's all or nothing for me, i hope they have the medical staff on high alert :D
Rudolf

Post by Rudolf »

looks like this is no track for a short travel xc bike. I am going to be the bigggest chicken out there. is there any of the drops that you can roll off or are the drop so steep you HAVE to jump it. still looking forward to this event i believe there is only one timed run on each day so there is no second chance. how does this work. I sertanly need a bit of coaching on wednesday to get the brain focused.
BrainY

Post by BrainY »

gary is the man for coaching. Got myself and dav t from the windmills all the way to the lower car park via black dog rock and roll paradise and the link section with no spills or broken bone's. Excellant tuition.
Gazpw

Post by Gazpw »

The track has good chicken runs around all the major drops/jumps etc, but like all tracks they will cost you a bit of time, i wouldn't worry to much Rudolf, it is a long track and fitness will stand you well, the bottom sections are smooth so you can realy put the gas down.There were guys there yesterday on hardtails with no problems.
The way the race is being run is different than the NPS where you have two runs and your best time counts, on the Sat afternoon you will have a seeding run, this will give you your start time for the race run on Sunday, it will only be the one race run so it's all or nothing, so for me i will either do well or i'll be going home in plaster :D

We'll have a good laugh on wednesday, get some techniacal stuff sorted for you, hope you can make it again Brian and Dave, see if you remeber what i showed you from last week ;)
DavidT

Post by DavidT »

Looking forward to it Gary! :)
That was excellent last friday - much appreciated.
BrainY

Post by BrainY »

Best of look at weekend Gary here`s to another podium position.
Gazpw

Post by Gazpw »

Thanks Brian, i will do my best
DavidT

Post by DavidT »

Good luck Gary!
Top 5 position for automatic entry into the Europeans next year - there's a target for you.. :)
lazyboypops

Post by lazyboypops »

Best of luck Gary. Now theres a challenge - our first European rep in mtb.

Go for it Gary.

Also good luck to Rudolf in his first competitive outing at DH.
Jim o87 2i895i4 jimfurlongatgmail