Ironman UK

All things race-related.
pcoulahan

Re: Ironman UK

Post by pcoulahan »

You never looked uncomfortable
I took out the photo of me running for the portaloos at 15 miles in on the run, I didn't look comfortable then I can tell ye :lol:

Still no takers on Ironman 2011 yet though. Looks like the 795 Ironman Club is going to remain a holy trinity for now!!
afoley

Post by afoley »

peter, well done!
that race report and video are brilliant- i just can't get my head around the distance and time of these events- incredible physical not to mind mental effort- pushed yourself to your limits no doubt and still in one piece- impressive! congrats, that's an amazing achievement!
don

Post by don »

Brilliant stuff Peter, your a giant of a man for achieveing that. I hit the wall in one of the triathlons this year and it took every piece of mental strength to recover and finish, so I can't fathom how you managed the metal stress on 5 times the distance and pain. Fair play, no one can ever take that off you now.
RGough

Post by RGough »

Well done Peter, as was mentioned on a previous post, video looks great and congratulations on a great achievement. When do you need takers for 2011?
pcoulahan

Post by pcoulahan »

Woo Hoo - brief fleeting glimpse of yours truely on Channel 4's IMUK programme. At about 1min 40secs in when they are describing the course you can see what looks like a 795 jersey leading a group of cyclists up a hill - dont blink or you'll miss it- I did (Val spotted it) :lol: Programme is available on www.channel4.com in the 4OD section.
When do you need takers for 2011?
Could we have another IM'er here? It depends on what race you want to do next year. I wont know myself now until December as they are releasing a few more slots for Roth then and I'm going to try and get into that. If I dont then it'll be a toss up between France and Switerland probably, as neither of these races usally sell out until the last minute.