Final Bray Aquathon 2010

All things race-related.
Dena

Re: Final Bray Aquathon 2010

Post by Dena »

More good stuff from racing 795, well done everyone.
johnd

Post by johnd »

Siobhan has summed the evening up pretty well there!!
Just to add my own bit, it was my first ever swim (training or race) in the new wetsuit and it made a big difference for me
I took around 6 minutes off my swim time from last month so very happy with that
Lost a fair bit of time in transition as I couldn't find my spot, the lad beside me had thrown his wetsuit on top of my box so a few f's later the runners were on and I went off looking for Myrddin.
I had a 20 minute swim, but I reckon Myrddin must have swam 16 or 17 mins cos he'd a fair gap when I met him at the first turnaround on the hill
I found the run pretty tough going and I think it might have been slightly slower than last month
Myrddin has really been putting in the training and I thought I wasn't going to catch him but felt sort of bad going by him with only a couple of hundred meters left to go :twisted:
Had a sprint finish with another guy to the line and crossed together, we've been given the same times but I reckon he'd get it on a video slo-mo

Another great night, and Siobhan is right, these are well worth the journey next year
don

Post by don »

I'm sorry I missed this event now, sounds like a great night. Fair play John, great time. I told you your swim times will come down quickly. You're getting very competitive now.... I'll definitely do the full series next year.