XC Developmental Race - Ballyhoura March 7th

All things race-related.
DavidC

XC Developmental Race - Ballyhoura March 7th

Post by DavidC »

Hi all. There is a Developmental MTB series on at the moment. Round 1 took place on Sunday. Unfortunately it clashed with our club duathlon but the next one is on 7th March and I would encourage anyone with the remotest interest in MTB to consider entering. This race is for everyone, from absolute beginners to seasoned MTBers.

Full info here http://www.irishxcmtb.com/2010/02/23/xc ... g-round-2/

Reply here if you are interested and maybe we'll get a gang going.

MTB racing is the best craic you can have, and we need to be supporting MTB events run by other clubs if we expect them to support ours. Go on, do it for your club!!!!
DavidF

Re: XC Developmental Race - Ballyhoura March 7th

Post by DavidF »

the thoughts of a RACE :D i'm beside myself with the excitement

count me in :mrgreen:

DC is right: mtb racing is great craic. its a lot different, for example, to triathlon as it allows for close racing - just look back at last years mtb race reports :cry:

this is an ideal way to test the waters if you are considering mtb racing as the race courses for the developmental races are designed to be much less technical and hilly than a typical NPS course
DavidC

Post by DavidC »

Ok, no domestic calendar clashes so I'm officially in now too. Race on!

Now I'm not one to name names :twisted: but I can think of at least one Dutchman, one hardware store owner, one builder and his wife, one teacher, one student and a few others who owe it to themselves to give this a shot.
DavidF

Post by DavidF »

DavidC wrote:Now I'm not one to name names :twisted: but I can think of at least one Dutchman, one hardware store owner, one builder and his wife, one teacher, one student and a few others who owe it to themselves to give this a shot.
what about a prison officer just to keep us in line ;)
DavidC

Post by DavidC »

Of course, How could I forget our correctional friend! I also forgot the horse whisperer of Glaslacken.
DavidF

Post by DavidF »

ps it looks like this race is over an 11km loop, not 4km as on the poster

http://www.epicmtb.com/forums/showthrea ... #post81500
LorraineB

Post by LorraineB »

Well you can count the builder in, as for 'his wife', she is also a mother so there will be child minding to be done on the day. I'll be down there to support so there is a bike going if the teacher wants to take advantage.
BarryB

Post by BarryB »

dont forget the Sport race is for complete beginners I know a slaney olympic couple that are not bad at the old running who could give that a good go
DavidF

Post by DavidF »

BarryB wrote:dont forget the Sport race is for complete beginners I know a slaney olympic couple that are not bad at the old running who could give that a good go
and sure if you can run up and down mountains surely you can cycle around them... ;)
afoley

Post by afoley »

the 'teacher' is also a fan of green bottles and will be in recovery from a hen the night before!