XC Race Orientation Day this Saturday

All things race-related.
DavidC

XC Race Orientation Day this Saturday

Post by DavidC »

Lots of people volunteered to help on XC race day, 28th March. This week we will be setting up teams and allocating jobs.

We need everyone who volunteered to come up to the race course this Saturday at 2pm.

Bring bikes if you have them. The plan is to show you round and let you know what you'll be doing and who is your contact point on the day. Weather forecast is looking very good so bring kids sandwiches, the lot!

Directions from Bunclody:http://url.ie/5akf

Volunteer List

Saturday 27th people will basically be marking out the course and doing any last minute running around.
DavidC
DavidF
Jim
Tony
James
Barry
Dena or Tom
Aisling
Ciara
Rudolf
Martin
Ross

Sunday (Race Day) people will be allocated specific jobs and will have a team leader as a contact point.
DavidC
DavidF
Jim
Tony
James
Barry
Don
Dena or Tom
PJ (tbc)
Lorraine
Joy
Aisling
Ciara
Rudolf
Helen
Martin
Siobhan
Niall
Adrian
Ross
DavidF

Re: XC Race Orientation Day this Saturday

Post by DavidF »

if your name is not on the lists above and you want to volunteer, please come along on Saturday
shane

Post by shane »

I'm not on the list but I will be home for the weekend of the race so I can help out one of the days. However I won't be home this saturday. Sorry
don

Post by don »

David,

I am still definitely available for the Sunday 28th but I'm off to Croke Park for the big match this Saturday. Just let me know what you want me to do on the day and I'll do whatever.
afoley

Post by afoley »

i'm doing runamuck challenge in the morning but should be back afternoon sometime- may not be 2pm but will be up shortly afterwards hopefully!- depending on how long it will take me to defrost!!
Martin

Post by Martin »

Sorry we can't make it saturday we're going on holidays for a week. Will do whatever job required.
Can go up if needs be with someone after we come back
DavidF

Post by DavidF »

folks - the trails are in fantastic condition, bone dry - as dry as I have seen it up there in well over a year, maybe even two. I even encountered dust :D

so bring your bikes on Saturday. If there's anyone out there who wants to try a bit of mtb - now is the time. With the conditions the way the are it's very beginner friendly. If you are stuck for a bike don't be afraid to shout out, we have a few spares between us ;) This also applies to kids/teenagers/grannies/whoever
DavidF

Post by DavidF »

paul hutton has said he is available for the race day
niallomuiri

Post by niallomuiri »

david, sorry for short notice, wont be around tomorrow, sat for orientation, have to be in Dublin...but if Im still needed for a job..carpark, minding coats and hats etc, let me know, regards Niall