Summer League

General MTB or Triathlon related discussions. Or anything else you fancy.
lazyboypops

Summer League

Post by lazyboypops »

Allright guys its time to wake up to some fun.

I have devised a proposed summer league as follows trying to incorporate running, cycling and MTB. Swimming just dosen't fit in at the moment.
club calander.jpg
club calander.jpg (72.18 KiB) Viewed 7203 times

Comments please and commitment. We cannot proceed without a reasonable level of commitment from our members. Guests will always be welcome. Marshalls will be required at all events but will be kept to a minium on a rota basis. Please encourage everybody to take part. The winter time trial league was a great success and now that we are into the racing season there is nothing like a good bit of speed work to sharpen everybodys fitness.

See attached spreadsheet.
Attachments
club calander.xls
(66.5 KiB) Downloaded 336 times
Last edited by lazyboypops on Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
afoley

Re: Summer League

Post by afoley »

sounds good jim- nice mix - i'd be interested and with a week and a bit to go to marathon i'm craving the variation!
as for commitment - i'm a day to day kinda girl, so couldn't fully commit, but more than likely would make most events especially since they mostly fall during the week. weekends are my problem coz i could be any where!
so yea, count me in.
DavidF

Post by DavidF »

great idea. i am available for timekeeping/marshalling for the cycling events for the first month or so.

also i'd like to point out that the mtb hill climb can be done on even the most basic mtb as it will be solely on fireroad (wide forest road). and believe me those hillclimbs will harden you up. especially if you try to follow the Destroyer!
jbodels

Post by jbodels »

I'll attend as travelling permits. Any idea of the times, looks like I could be missing dinner!

James
joy

Post by joy »

Good job Jim , its great to be provided with a focus and a bit of fun. Will be happy to participate and help out.
Dena

Post by Dena »

cant really get out of these when half of them are on my door step, and a great variety of events, well done! Count me in and i'll nag a few training friends to come along as well hopefully, Dena
BarryB

Post by BarryB »

Great idea jim I'm in
lazyboypops

Post by lazyboypops »

With regard to times I would suggest a 7pm sign on with 7.15pm start.

As DF says any mountainbike will do for the hill climb as its only on fireroad.

Points system will be notified when its available.
Jim o87 2i895i4 jimfurlongatgmail
LorraineB

Post by LorraineB »

Sounds great, would love to be able to take part but I'll be around for marshalling and support all summer.
Rudolf

Post by Rudolf »

I will bring my basic mountainbike, what kind off prizes are we talking about? Then there is the option of riding some excellent down hill single track after the event for those who have some energy left. Dont know if i can make it to Ferns but i ll try the running.