Lance Admits

General MTB or Triathlon related discussions. Or anything else you fancy.
Mr Scuttleman

Lance Admits

Post by Mr Scuttleman »

Ok, I'm going to start this round of discussion.
Post all interesting links please.
Below, for starters.
Expect v active discussion with opinions when interview is aired.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-400_162-575 ... ed-to-win/
DavidF

Re: Lance Admits

Post by DavidF »

Discovery are airing the Oprah interview simulataneously in Europe

Its at 2am Friday morning - set the Sky+
johnd

Post by johnd »

Expecting 2 1/2 hours of nothing but self indulgent poor me waffle - but will still watch it
Also will probably throw in plenty of sly inuendos against others, flinging muck is easy
He's got nothing to gain and plenty more to lose by coming out with any big admissions
The only thing a total admission will earn him is a small bit of moral redemption, and he left his morals behind long long ago
All he can do is try squeeze a few more quid out of it for himself by creating some more interest in himself and then releasing another book

Total scumbag

One good thing that this interview might do is force Pat McQuaid to leave the UCI
don

Post by don »

Good man John, get it off your chest :D

I think we're all disappointed in the great LA, or 'former great LA'. He has disgraced the sport particularly after challenging anyone both inside and outside Court to prove his mis-givings, so much so a lot (including me), thought it might be a bit of a witch hunt for a long time. Now he's looking for redemption so he can pursue Triathlons, mmmhhh, maybe triathlon is better off without him....

Pat McQuaid may be Irish, but he's not doing cycling any good by remaining in situ. However I also believe no former cycling great should apply for this job, it's very hard to believe there was any clean era in cycling, certainly in the last three decades. Someone outside of cycling is needed to polish a very tarnished sport. There will be millions of articles written about him over the coming weeks and months, all I wanted to know is why come out now after vehemently defending his innocence for so long. This article gives a little insight, which may be monetary....

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/why-is-lan ... 08964.html
DavidT

Post by DavidT »

You could nearly write the script - he'll admit it but won't be one bit contrite. He'll blame team owners and everyone else, from uci to the dogs on the street.
Rudolf

Post by Rudolf »

What about all the great bands that wrote and played their music on drugs. Led zeppelin, Frank Zappa , Janis Joplin, Pantera, The Doors, Daft punk etc. are they scumbags aswell? Lance won the tour 7 times! Yes he was taking drugs but he was much better at it than all the other riders. I think he is a savage.
DavidC

Post by DavidC »

Rudolf wrote:What about all the great bands that wrote and played their music on drugs. Led zeppelin, Frank Zappa , Janis Joplin, Pantera, The Doors, Daft punk etc. are they scumbags aswell? Lance won the tour 7 times! Yes he was taking drugs but he was much better at it than all the other riders. I think he is a savage.
Controversial Rudolf :lol:, not sure I'd equate the creative artistic process with systematic cheating and bullying.

I'm with Dempsey. Lance is dead to me. The sooner he fades into lonely obscurity the better for all of us. But I'll still watch Oprah.
pjd

Post by pjd »

so much so a lot (including me), thought it might be a bit of a witch hunt for a long time.
It was a witch hunt.
Lance did cheat but wasn't alone by any means.
Who did they give the 7 winning titles to ?
Nobody as the vast majority of the runner ups have all been found to have cheated also.

Even one of our former cycling greats has question marks over him.

Plus I don't think we need look to far for drug cheats.
Age groupers in triathlonS in Ireland are taking drugs. ( in my opinion, of course I've no proof, you can relax lads!!)
DavidT

Post by DavidT »

Rudolf wrote: I think he is a savage.
Tyler Hamilton riding the tour with a broken collar bone, grinding down 11 teeth in the process - that's savage!

Other thing is this is across a lot of sports - one doctor who was busted had soccer teams and other sports professionals on his books.
frankb

Post by frankb »

Lance did cheat but wasn't alone by any means.
Who did they give the 7 winning titles to ?
Have a read of this lads, it really seemed to be ...if you cant beat them, join them - having read David Millar and Tyler Hamilton Books

http://scotslawthoughts.wordpress.com/2 ... 9-to-2005/