a long shot..

General MTB or Triathlon related discussions. Or anything else you fancy.
niallomuiri

a long shot..

Post by niallomuiri »

This is a long shot..I have a Garmin nuvi 200 series (its a bit of a brick) but does the job...But I was looking to bum or borrow a bike bracket to fit the satnav on...not sure if it even exists..any ideas!!!!
DavidC

Re: a long shot..

Post by DavidC »

You can fix pretty much anything to a bike using cable ties and an old tube. ;)
DavidF

Post by DavidF »

DavidC wrote:You can fix pretty much anything to a bike using cable ties and an old tube. ;)
Yeah, and they sell great bike gear in Aldi you know :roll:
DavidC

Post by DavidC »

DavidF wrote:
DavidC wrote:You can fix pretty much anything to a bike using cable ties and an old tube. ;)
Yeah, and they sell great bike gear in Aldi you know :roll:
You've a short memory. I seem to remember fixing your rear derailleur with a cable tie on a spin one day. Never underestimate the humble cable tie!

Anyway, can anyone help Niall with a better suggestion?
frankb

Post by frankb »

Neil, dont mind those smart alec's - i'll sort you out. Call over tomorrow eve
BShaugh

Post by BShaugh »

Any android phone now runs Google maps navigation which is fantastic, dump the stat nav and beg borrow or steal an android
DavidC

Post by DavidC »

BShaugh wrote:Any android phone now runs Google maps navigation which is fantastic, dump the stat nav and beg borrow or steal an android
You're dead right Shaughs. And you can fix the android o the bike with cable ties and an old tube. :lol:
DavidC

Post by DavidC »

frankb wrote:Neil, dont mind those smart alec's - i'll sort you out. Call over tomorrow eve
"Smart Alecs" Frank what age are you really? Last person I heard using that expression was Victor Meldrew :shock:
niallomuiri

Post by niallomuiri »

BShaugh wrote:Any android phone now runs Google maps navigation which is fantastic, dump the stat nav and beg borrow or steal an android

"Android phone me hole" jesus I'm still using the coin box....Frank, your the man..talk tomorrow...As for the Dave's...there'll come a day you'll need a bed, care off the HSE....and I hope I'm the first nurse you meet with a drug trolley and a suppository gun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
DavidC

Post by DavidC »

Niall you're a legend. Can't wait to see Meldrew & Meldrew's patented garmin nuvi satnav bike mount :lol: