South Leinster Way by mtb

General MTB or Triathlon related discussions. Or anything else you fancy.
DavidF

Re: South Leinster Way by mtb

Post by DavidF »

BarryB wrote:Am I right in reading then 2500m of climbing !! please tell me im interpreting it wrong

sorry your interpretation is correct.

Rudolf's little warm-up spin on July 10th is attached below, 33km, 1250m climbing.....
Rudolfs_Spin.pdf
(46.73 KiB) Downloaded 307 times
DavidF

Post by DavidF »

Ok folks, the South Leinster Way is only 3 weeks away, so time to get some planning in place. The date is Saturday 7th August

Here is the schedule:

8.45am meet at Kildavin
9.00 am Depart Kildavin
10.30 am Arrive Borris
11.15 am Arrive Graiguenamagh – Coffee stop
1.00 pm Arrive Inistioge – Lunch stop
3.30 pm Arrive Mullinavat
5.00 pm Arrive Carrick On Suir

These times are approximate obviously. Maybe there are people out there who may want to do part and can join up with us accordingly.

At the moment we have me, Jim, Barry, DavidC and Ross committed. There are others on this thread who were expressing interest so would like to hear now if you can make it – JohnD, PJ, Aisling, Rudolf?

We don't expect anything terribly technical on the route, but obviously you wpuld want to know how to handle an mtb. There may be some high speed fire road descents for example.

Plan is to stay the night in Carrick. The Carraig Hotel has single rooms at €60 pp b and b. I have spoken to them and they have rooms and a place for the bikes.

There are detailed maps of the route here: http://www.irishtrails.ie/trail.aspx?id=36

Maybe some of the roadies would like to join us? The last section from Mullinavat to Carrick is on the road..Ye could spin down and meet us there ;)
Gazpw

Post by Gazpw »

That sounds like a cracking spin, unfortunatly i'm away that weekend in Rostrevor practicing the course for the nationals otherwise i would have loved to join you, defo the next one though.
johnd

Post by johnd »

DavidF wrote: There are others on this thread who were expressing interest so would like to hear now if you can make it – JohnD, PJ, Aisling, Rudolf?
)
Not looking likely, we expect to be starting our hols that Saturday
pjd

Post by pjd »

Well im off that weekend but havent been on the mtb since........sometime in march i think.
Maybe the road is an option?
BarryB

Post by BarryB »

PJ its like riding a bike ;) you never forget
pjd

Post by pjd »

Helpful as always Barry :lol:
Dena

Post by Dena »

I wouldn't mind giving this a go, I have one major problem however no bike. So if the club bike is available you can count me in.
Tom
BarryB

Post by BarryB »

first come first served tom and your first.
I must also mention Martin has it booked for the eireman x.
Rudolf

Post by Rudolf »

I be around for this see you the 7th