South Leinster Way by mtb

General MTB or Triathlon related discussions. Or anything else you fancy.
pjd

Re: South Leinster Way by mtb

Post by pjd »

Sissies When your tucking into your big fryup and then driving back in your big jeep, Frank and i will be cycling back to Kildavin. :o
So there room mate :lol:
Have a nice day :D
DavidC

Post by DavidC »

Well, that was a tough day, but a great one. Left Kildavin at around 9am and reached Carraig-on-Suir at around 17:30. Total of 105km, plenty of hills, forest tracks, cowshite and river crossings. About 6.5hours in the saddle + coffee and lunch stops. Dinner and a few pints afterwards. What more could you ask for.

For the record, Barry is doing "The Wicklow Way in a Day" next year. Let me be the first to wish him well!
DavidF

Post by DavidF »

yeah great day out altogether. pace was fairly hot and lots of hills to be tackled, so a deal of suffering to be done at the end (for me anyway)

Some great sections though, my favourite was the part leaving Inistioge up through Woodstock.

Here is the story of day (and night :D ) in pictures. Oh and well done to the Sissies, apparently their route was very hilly. Especially the bit between Graigue and Thomastown. Very hilly ;)

http://picasaweb.google.com/racing795/S ... ay_070810#
afoley

Post by afoley »

well done all- sounds like quite the challenge!
DavidF

Post by DavidF »

here's the stats for all the nerds out there:

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/43695702
BarryB

Post by BarryB »

My photos of the day are more quality than quantity

"Hew boss this might just be the dodgiest kebab house I have ever been in but will you do 2 doners for a tenner"
IMG_0092.JPG
IMG_0092.JPG (19.27 KiB) Viewed 6129 times
"How has my life come to this"
IMG_0093.JPG
IMG_0093.JPG (24.79 KiB) Viewed 6129 times
Yummm
IMG_0094.JPG
IMG_0094.JPG (29.7 KiB) Viewed 6129 times
Rudolf

Post by Rudolf »

Savage spin some impresive views and fast decents over loose gravel fire roads. some picturesk town on the way. the printed maps got us out of trouble and we only got lost once by 50m. some tasty pints rewarded the long day. thanks for organizing this cycle. next is the wicklow way. I will still organize a wicklow way training spin before we do the whole thing in one go.
BrainY

Post by BrainY »

Fairplay Lads looked like an impressive spin. I'm envious Maybe next year :lol:
DavidF

Post by DavidF »

BarryB wrote: "Hew boss this might just be the dodgiest kebab house I have ever been in but will you do 2 doners for a tenner"
sure we had to get the calories back in one way or another ;)
Gazpw

Post by Gazpw »

DavidC wrote: For the record, Barry is doing "The Wicklow Way in a Day" next year. Let me be the first to wish him well!
Here you go Barry, not sure if you have seen this but just to help you along on the Wicklow way in a day, Mel did it in 8hrs 55mins.

http://melaniespath.blogspot.com/2009/1 ... -take.html