advise

General MTB or Triathlon related discussions. Or anything else you fancy.
Lou Lou

advise

Post by Lou Lou »

So looking for some advise again, two things i need to invest in asap are
-a new saddle, ladies if you hav any advise on specifics style make etc, there is so much info on the net im reading and reading and reading but cant decide what to go for or do any of the local bike shops let ye test one out before ye buy ect
- tri bars for long distance is there any dos or donts when buying because i have never used them
appreciate any advise
thanks
louise
johnd

Re: advise

Post by johnd »

Revolve in Gorey do the Fizik range of saddles
These are top end saddles and Peter will give you a tester one to try before you buy.
Jim F bought one last year.
They always get good reviews.

To be honest I haven't been able to beat his prices yet either, he seems to be always cheaper than online. I've given him most of business since he opened, only time I didn't buy was that he didn't stock what I was looking for.
I bought a Kask Mojito helmet last week. He has it for €149, less 10% discount = €135, wiggle are doing them for €179!!
Was also well cheaper when bought my road bike.

Regarding the Tri bars, I find they do make a difference, even the clip on ones I was using the last few years. Only thing I didn't do was get fitted on my bike for them. I was only doing Oly's and 1 HIM last year but I had a niggly pain in my hip and knee that got worse the more I used my Tri bars.

Either get properly fitted (again Revolve do it, about €100 I think - but maybe ring to check, Peter has all the gear there to do it) or else use the €3 app that I posted a link to in a topic Dena started in the Members forum, only works for iPad or iPhone, but looks very straightforward.
Maybe a bunch of you Roth heads could meet up one day and help fit each other on your bikes?

Good luck with all the miles, definitely get fitted one way or another on that bike
DavidF

Post by DavidF »

Joy and Bernie Black both have this saddle:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/e ... -prod56155

They seem to think they are good
Lou Lou

Post by Lou Lou »

Hi guys thanks for your help,
Cheers john I actually got my bike fit done with Hammond in sept so he told me I could go back to him wen I get tri bars just unsure which type is better but I'll def call up to revolve I have never been up to him
David I was looking at that saddle today too good to know others find it comfortable thanks
frankb

Post by frankb »

If buying clip on tribars, you need to buy ones where the pad location can be adjusted. Several purchase cheaper ones, but there is no wiggle room when getting a proper bike fit. Alot have the pads over the handlebars, whereas you might want them towards the rear or front of bike when in aero position.

Something like these would be decent http://www.wiggle.com/profile-t2-plus-aerobars/
jbodels

Post by jbodels »

Louise
I have a few sets of tri bars, (retired) so you are welcome to have them, even if only to try out before you purchase or you can have them until your done with IM events. Either way they are only gathering dust with me.

I think one set are the same as Frank mentions.

If interested call or text me as I only check the forum infrequently.

James
087 two3one7five1seven
Lou Lou

Post by Lou Lou »

thanks james ill give you a shout cheers