Sprocket Rocket Cycling Course for Kids

General MTB or Triathlon related discussions. Or anything else you fancy.
pjd

Re: Sprocket Rocket Cycling Course for Kids

Post by pjd »

If there are 2 places going for non members I will take them please
racing795
Site Admin

Post by racing795 »

Delighted to say that we're almost fully subscribed. To confirm, we have:

Caoimhe Byrne
Saoirse Byrne
Emma Byrne
Sophie Byrne
Niall Furlong
Isobel Furlong
Conor Burke
Luke Burke
Robyn Conway
Lia Dunne
Zoe Coulahan
Max Coulahan
Grace Tully
Matthew Tully
Sam Lonergan
Ava Treacy
Tom Treacy

Please have your children at the Our Lady of Lourdes NS (front gate) for 1:45pm on Saturday.We have quite a bit of paperwork to do on the first day.

As mentioned they need to bring a 2 wheeled bike in working order and a helmet. Dress according to the weather, a light rain jacket for sure. Make sure that your child is wearing clothes that they can pedal easily in. A small drink as well.

We don't expect parents to stay but do expect you to be back promptly at 4pm to pick up your child ;)

See y'all on Saturday :D
DavidT

Post by DavidT »

I've 3 more for you, but they'll miss the first week also: Emma, Tom and Adam Tully. Thanks.
DavidC

Post by DavidC »

Super cycling by all the Sprocket Rockets today, well done to all.
Someone left their helmet behind, give me a shout to arrange collection or I can bring it next week.
DavidC

Post by DavidC »

Just a reminder in case anyone didn't get the memo, Sprocket Rocket is not on this Saturday. We'll be back on Saturday 4th October, same time, same place.
DavidC

Post by DavidC »

Congratulations to all the 795 Sprocket Rockets who graduated today. We had 20 super students and everyone learned a lot and improved a great deal over the last 8 weeks. I'm sure I speak for both myself and DavidF when I say the coaches learned a lot too!
Today the kids had a chance to show off their skills to the Mammies and Daddies and everyone was suitably impressed, especially the parents that had a go themselves and realised that the skills weren't so easy.

Thanks to Yvonne, Helen, Lorraine, Joy, Kate, Caroline, Peter and Barry who all took a turn as third adult or stand-in coach. Thanks also to Our Lady of Lourdes NS, and caretaker Tom Hogan, for allowing us the use of their facilities.
DavidT

Post by DavidT »

Thanks and well done to DC and DF for running this course! The kids thoroughly enjoyed it.
BShaugh

Post by BShaugh »

Fair play to the two Davids for organising this. Great for the kids and a great advertisement for the club