Hill Runs

General MTB or Triathlon related discussions. Or anything else you fancy.
Dena

Hill Runs

Post by Dena »

Hi all

I'm planing to start running up on Mount Leinster and some other hills Slieve Bhui etc. once a week, if any body is interested in joining me. It's really not as tough as you'd think and the views on the way up are something else.
For a little bit of pain you get rewarded with:
1. Great views
2. Build hugh strength in your legs and lungs
3. The giddy, joyous feeling of bombing down a hill at break neck speed
That last point should appeal to all of our crazy mtb members
This week I'm going to head up on Friday evening around 6 but am flexible so let me know if a different time would suit. Where the run starts is about 6 miles from Bunclody on the Kiltealy road.
All you will need is your normal running gear, some ropes :lol: ,only joking and a bottle of water.
Hope to see some of you there.

Tom
Attachments
Mt Leinster.jpg
Mt Leinster.jpg (627.72 KiB) Viewed 6577 times
BarryB

Re: Hill Runs

Post by BarryB »

I wouldn't mind giving that a go, as they say I wont knock it till I've tried it, only thing is Friday wont suit Thursday any good and how long will it take me and please bear in mind my lack of running ability
DavidF

Post by DavidF »

slaneyolympic wrote: 3. The giddy, joyous feeling of bombing down a hill at break neck speed
can we have a race?? downhill of course. I would be on my bike needless to say ;)

having done that route - in reverse - the last two weekends I can echo what Tom says about the beautiful views

might join you on the bike if i can get a pass

you could run the South Leinster Way with us, now that would be something...
joy

Post by joy »

when I saw Hill Runs I instantly thought of those winter nights in the golf club :o .
what would the distance be I wonder :?: depending on your answer David and I can battle it out for the pass ;)
BarryB

Post by BarryB »

Here you go Joy
Toms Hill Run.pdf
(90.58 KiB) Downloaded 307 times
DavidF

Post by DavidF »

what about the last 4m?
BarryB

Post by BarryB »

So
After discussions at the TT tonight we are heading up for the Run (for everyone other than Tom I use the term "run" loosely what I mean is something resembling an ironman shuffle becoming a crawl as we near the summit) ;) meeting at 5pm tomorrow Thursday.
everyone ok with that?
BarryB

Post by BarryB »

Report from the assault on the summit
great sence of achievement at the top. i never thought it was possible to run a 9 minute km :lol: would have to agree that it's great training roll on next week!!
DavidF

Post by DavidF »

now that we have heard from the student, can we hear from the master please :)
don

Post by don »

By the way I'm not the master :roll: Are ye still going for Thursday nights for the hill training. I'd love to do these but Thursdays don't suit