Club Championship 2010 Update

General MTB or Triathlon related discussions. Or anything else you fancy.
DavidF

Club Championship 2010 Update

Post by DavidF »

Well folks seeing as we are about halfway through the season, here's an update. For details follow the link at the bottom. For those of you who haven't sent in your results, please do and I will add your points to the table. If you are not familiar with the rules they are posted under the Member Area

Out in the lead on 97 points is Rudolf 'Flying Dutchman' Brinkman who has put in some excellent early season mtb performances. Snapping at his heels in 2nd on 83 points is Jim 'Old Dog for the Hard Road' Furlong, concentrating so far this year also on the mtb events also. In 3rd is defending champ Barry 'Young Blood' Byrne on 74 points, obviously not wanting to have to buy a big vase to replace that nice shiny trophy on his mantlepiece.

A little further down there's a ladies battle developing between Siobhan and Joy (i'm far too polite to attempt to give them nicknames, but suggestions are welcome ;) ), seperated by just 7 points. Lurking in the long grass then are 'The Don' Morrissey waiting to pounce with his shiny new TT machine, and David 'Many Bikes' Conway - both in action this weekend and bound to move up the table.

All to play for!!

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... E&hl=en_GB
DavidF

Re: Club Championship 2010 Update

Post by DavidF »

DavidF wrote: 'The Don' Morrissey waiting to pounce with his shiny new TT machine
Prophetic words indeed as a July to remember has seen The Don take the lead in this years Club Champs on 105 points. And the scary thing is he hasn't even debuted on the TT bike yet....I hear a rumour that it will be seen in Mullingar on the 14th.... ;)

Its a slender lead however (one point to be exact) and as we move into the second half of the season, the top 3 are seperated by only 8 points. The defending champ, Barry (104 pts) has been seen busy scrutising the race calendar in a bid to reclaim his place at the top (Lorraine has been seen measuring vases for the mantlepiece :( ). Third placed Rudolf (97 pts) has surely seen his chance gone as the mtb events draw to a close and a disastrous recent run of punctures and torn calves has seen Jim stall on 93 pts.

So all to play for - book your place for Fermoy! my prediction for August lurker is one of the Mimnagh's (not sure which yet..) but I'm expecting one of them to be shooting up the table by month end..... :D

Details here:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... n_GB#gid=0
DavidT

Post by DavidT »

The TT bike debuted last Wednesday!
I did the Ferns TT on Wednesday (on a MTB) - "The Don" flew past in a flash of red! Yes - flew - not sure it was touching the ground ;)
don

Post by don »

Thanks David, wow no pressure on me with this new TT bike or what :?: Yes it debuted on Wednesday, where Tom 'out-of-site' Hogan beat me so no miracle times. Still all to play for, if Rudolf turned up for the away trip and finished in two days 18 hours it's a 30 point swing and add any event to that and he is undoubtedly the winner. And where's Dena 'headline' Hogan that we've been reading about in flashing lights all season, once those scores are submitted it will be very interesting. The Mimnaghs will claim it if they get in the required numbers in before end of season and both Joy and Barry are chomping at the bit and finally Jim, David C and David F can make up lots of points if they compete in anything so all to play for still :|