Mountain Biking for Kids

General MTB or Triathlon related discussions. Or anything else you fancy.
DavidF

Mountain Biking for Kids

Post by DavidF »

As some of you know, I have been bringing my own kids and some of their friends mtb'ing on Saturday afternoons on and off for the last 6 months or so. They have benefited greatly from it and most of all really enjoy it. Coaches DC, Jim and Alan T have come along for the ride on occasion too :D

Now I want to guage interest whether there is broader interest in this. I plan to run a 6 week "course" for 9+ year olds, starting on Saturday 24th October and finishing on Saturday 28th November. Location will be Kilbranish.

Some details:

For 9 year olds and upwards
Must have a mountain bike in full working order - no bmx'es or hybrid bikes
Kids must be dropped off and collected (at 3pm and 4.30pm) at Kilbranish
If your child is coming along I fully expect one of the parents to help out at least once during the 6 weeks

Numbers will be limited so please post here or contact me on o87nine7934five7 to register your interest. We already have a core group of around 8 so we are limited in how many we can take, but will do our best to accomodate as many as we can. We can take non-members if there is room.

The 6 weeks will consist mostly of skills sessions. David Conway and I will do the coaching, but as I said above we will be calling on parents to help out - same as we did with the Sprocket Rocket last year. There won;t be any certificates or anything at the end , but I guarantee everyone will have enjoyed themselves and learned lots!
frankb

Re: Mountain Biking for Kids

Post by frankb »

David - can i book a place for one 9 and one eleven year old. Thanks a mil for providing this training - let me know when you want me to attend, as could do with the training myself :roll:
BShaugh

Post by BShaugh »

I have a 1,3 and 6 year old to drop up-that makes 9?! :D
DavidF

Post by DavidF »

BShaugh wrote:I have a 1,3 and 6 year old to drop up-that makes 9?! :D
ha! close, but no cigar...