Time trial bike - advice

General MTB or Triathlon related discussions. Or anything else you fancy.
Elainegib

Time trial bike - advice

Post by Elainegib »

Hi all
Kevin [also now a 795 member!] is thinking of buying a time trial bike - but he needs some advice [pros and cons etc.] from any of ye who already use one and/or a short loan [couple of hours] so he can have a spin before making any investment! I have advice for him on the investment bit...ignored :-(
Thanks!!
MickF

Re: Time trial bike - advice

Post by MickF »

Hi Elaine. I have a TT bike, its size small. I could meet Kevin for a spin and chat on Saturday if that suits. Text or ring 087-9027617 if interested
Elainegib

Post by Elainegib »

Hi Mick, thanks a million! Kevin said he'll give you a call on Friday evening to arrange for Saturday.
P.S Tell him he doesn't need one at all ;)
DavidF

Post by DavidF »

Bill Barry is selling his TT bike as far as I know..
frankb

Post by frankb »

Kevin is more than welcome to take my TT bike for a spin. Its a planetx Exocet 2 - size Large - and as all the lads know - it's white, so it's faster than all those black ones :D

Give me a ring to arrange
Elainegib

Post by Elainegib »

Thanks a million Frank! I'll tell him to give you a buzz. Of course everyone knows that the white bikes are faster.
don

Post by don »

Hi Elaine, I've one of those slow black ones. It's an Argon 18 size large (equivalent to 56cm frame for height of 5'9 - 6'1). He's welcome to try it out anytime. He's an experienced cyclist, so he will have no issue on TT bike, as the biggest issue with TT's is control. Not everyone likes them and some people are not suited to them, but if he's keen on medium term triathlons or time trials, then it's hard to pass, but a lot of expense if not.
Elainegib

Post by Elainegib »

Thank Don! I'll pass all that on!