Athletics Ireland Affiliation 2019

General MTB or Triathlon related discussions. Or anything else you fancy.
niallomuiri

Athletics Ireland Affiliation 2019

Post by niallomuiri »

Dear Member.
As you are aware racing 795 have been affiliated with Athletics Ireland for the past two years. Having said that it is something that we have never developed or promoted within the club. And yet when you look at the number of members who competed in the recent Dublin City Marathon, and those who have already signed up for DCM 2019, and those who throughout the year attend the various Park Runs throughout the county, It appears that there is an appetite for establishing a Running Section within the club to compliment members training throughout the year.
The goal for 2019 would be to once again affiliate Racing795 with Athletics Ireland and to register club members with AI with a view to competing in Athletic Ireland events within Wexford under the 795 banner. This includes 6k road races, and Cross-country Races.
Members initially compete in the Novice section and depending on results can progress to Intermediate and Senior..
What we need for this to happen is for at least 10 club members to express an interest in being part of the running section within the club, similar to the Mountain Bike Section, and Triathlon Section.
We would need to appoint a running officer to initially coordinate and to act as a contact point. This could come from the existing committee.
If enough people express an interest, I imagine that the committee would look into the possibility of funding a running coach to help get things started. as we have in the past.
So, if it’s a thing that you are not already a member of an Athletics Club and you are interested in getting involved. Please email us back or post on the forum under General Chat ASAP.
If we do not get enough expressions of interest, it is proposed to suspend our affiliation with AI.
Yours Sincerely,

Niall Ó Muirí
Chairman.
bernie64

Re: Athletics Ireland Affiliation 2019

Post by bernie64 »

I would be interested Niall
ragingbill-74

Post by ragingbill-74 »

I’d be interested
don

Post by don »

I’m interested Niall
cibowe

Post by cibowe »

Niall,
I would definitely be interested in this.
If there is enough interest within the club, I would like to assist with getting it going.
Liam
kevin

Post by kevin »

I’m interested in this aswell Niall
Jarlath

Post by Jarlath »

count me in Niall