WET SUIT PURCHASE

General MTB or Triathlon related discussions. Or anything else you fancy.
joy

WET SUIT PURCHASE

Post by joy »

Now that I have signed up for triathy I reckon I may bite the bullet and purchase a wet suit. So do any of you ladies( or gents) out there have any recommondations or advice.
Idealy I would like to try on a few to get a feel of the fit etc, so again ladies if ye could assist me here I would really appreciate it.
DavidC

Re: WET SUIT PURCHASE

Post by DavidC »

i hear the black ones are good.
Rudolf

Post by Rudolf »

No discrimination please. you can ask ciara she just bought one and got good advice from some shops. Some shops also try to sell their old stock. be carefull
joy

Post by joy »

Now there was no offence intended to any of you male members but I reckoned the boy suits might be a tad toooo big! :D
pjd

Post by pjd »

I bought mine in the Cyclesuperstore in Tallaght, its a zoot fusion. I found them very helpful and they have changing rooms which i wasnt used to!!!
Im told its a great suit but it hasnt made me a better swimmer yet!!!!!
Siobhan

Post by Siobhan »

Ideally you could try on a few and get your sizing right and then shop online- they're much cheaper ;)
Siobhan

Post by Siobhan »

DavidC wrote:i hear the black ones are good.
That is actually an interesting point- why are most wetsuits black?-
is there a scientific/speed/cheaper to manufacture/to impersonate a seal reason for it?
don

Post by don »

I also bought mine in Cycle Superstore in Tallaght, huge range and very helpful, but Siobhan is right, fit in Ireland, buy online in the UK. Wiggle is the best triathlon website and wetsuit outlet is the best website for swimsuits.
ciara

Post by ciara »

I bought a Zoot Fusion on chainreaction.ie,
Its a medium, i will bring it on Friday so you can try it on, probably be easier to try it before the swim .,
joy

Post by joy »

Thanks for that guys, it seems a trip to dublin is on the cards. Amazing how its always cheaper to source these things overseas or up north :x
Thanks Ciara I will get there earlier if possible! Nothing like a catwalk before a swim.