mtb Trail Maintenance

General MTB or Triathlon related discussions. Or anything else you fancy.
DavidF

mtb Trail Maintenance

Post by DavidF »

Now folks, those beautiful trails that you all ride don't just appear and stay rideable by chance. They need building in the first place and then some ongoing maintenance. Looking ahead, we are going to have to do some fairly serious maintenance on our race course for the March 28th race and i will be looking for volunteers to help out.

Before we get to that though we are doing some trail maintenance this Saturday, 23rd on our xc training course.

This will involve just some clean up of existing trails - clipping back branches, raking and general tidying up - that sort of thing. There will be no heavy digging.

Obviously with these things, many hands make light work. If you are available to help out please let me know. Planning to kick off about 11.30. Shouldn't take more than 2-3 hrs if we get a decent crew.

Bring your bike if you want, but it will be awkward as you will need to carry tools. Best to leave it at home.

By the way, this course is in a different location than our trails in the Windmills area, so let me know if you are coming and i will give you directions.
DavidC

Re: mtb Trail Maintenance

Post by DavidC »

I'm in
pjd

Post by pjd »

Will try and make it. Let you know closer to Saturday
Rudolf

Post by Rudolf »

I hope to make it. can i bring my bike pleeeaaaaaaaaaaase. I would hate to walk down that nice decent.
DavidF

Post by DavidF »

if you can ride your bike and carry a slash hook, loppers, rake, and a chainsaw then of course Rudolf you can bring your bike :D
afoley

Post by afoley »

not tomorrow, but can help out again closer the time i'm sure.
a bit out of practice with the chainsaw but would give the rake a go!
don't know what a lopppers is but sounds like it could be fun!
DavidF

Post by DavidF »

no worries Aisling. we will be looking for volunteers over the next few weeks to help with work on the race course so you can help out then.

you could familiarise yourself with this in the meantime :D

afoley

Post by afoley »

so that's a loppers!, looks like a bigger version of my secateurs so yep, could give one of em a go!