Wexford League races

Use this area to arrange training spins, swims, runs etc. Non-Racing795 members can post in this area, so if you'd like to get involved please register and introduce yourself.
bignoel

Wexford League races

Post by bignoel »

Hi all, As Mick said on another part of this forum about league races,( I cant reply on that page, so just replying here) there are new rules this year. You need to register this year but its mainly for the 5 racing clubs, SERC, Slipstream, Barrow wheelers. Wexford wheelers and Slaney CC. We are trying to keep it to those 5 clubs as to encourage riders from outside those clubs to race. The registration website is being built as we speak and will be up and running shortly. This has come about due to the lack of marshals every year so we have this in place to register every rider. You buy your number on registration (20euro of which you get back 10euro at seasons end when you return your number). You have to marshal 1 race in the year which you can pre-choose if you register early enough, if not it will be chosen for you, simples.. RULE no 1, no number, no race. More details will be up on our Facebook page shortly.
https://www.facebook.com/Slipstremcyclingclub Maybe yous could "like and "share" when you are on it.. (which you should have done already)
If I can be of any help give me a shout on 087 2343246. Novice/A4 starts on 23rd of April and I will know more as it approaches as we haven't fully sanctioned everything yet.
Bignoel,, Wexford Cycling.
bignoel

Re: Wexford League races

Post by bignoel »

795 members need not worry about registration. Just turn up at the race, sign on (usually 5 euro) and race. The registration rules are only for the 5 clubs mentioned above. Thanks.
Bignoel.
DavidF

Post by DavidF »

That's great Noel, thanks.

Do we need a CI licence?
Patsymc

Post by Patsymc »

Usually a CI "club competion" licence needed for league races David.
DavidF

Post by DavidF »

Thanks Patsy
bignoel

Post by bignoel »

Yes club licence needed (as PATRICK said)as opposed to open licence, its the cheaper 1. So no excuses needed, just turn up and race.
Patsymc

Post by Patsymc »

Hey Noel can I ride as a novice ?
bignoel

Post by bignoel »

Yea, you did in the time trial anyway. he he.
Patsymc

Post by Patsymc »

Ouch ! :D