Group road spins

Use this area to arrange training spins, swims, runs etc. Non-Racing795 members can post in this area, so if you'd like to get involved please register and introduce yourself.
pjd

Re: Group road spins

Post by pjd »

We have the option of detours into St Mullins or Ballywilliam adding only 2-3 km. (total 87km)
I will check tea/scone options there. But need to know how many are going first.
So post if going.

John I will leave the navigating to you as you picked route.

Folks don't be put off by the distance this will be leisurely.
Also if the accent of Mt Leinster is not what you'd like there's an option of going home thru Kiltealy - half way house etc
Cutting out Mt Leinster and a few kms.

More the merrier.
BrainY

Post by BrainY »

Don't think i have the legs for 80k yet but i might tag along and try make a 60 out of it
Dena

Post by Dena »

Right I don't want to be awkward so work away with what ever ye have planned, but i only want to do about 60/70 k as well can anyone give a definite route and if there is away of making so that I can get off it somehow to only do preferred distance, and I don't really want to have to stop for the tea either so can anyone confirm where in the route the stop will be ?
Again I don't want anyone to try change/fit this in. If it works great if not I'll work away myself.
:D
johnd

Post by johnd »

PJ I'll navigate no bother
Not sure what you want out of a safety officer but sure I'll watch what you're doing this weekend and try copy it the next time round

Brian & Dena, if you come with us all the way round and then take the Kiltealy - Halfway House - Bunclody road home like PJ suggested that comes in at 70k?

(and yes you are being awkward Dena ;) )

If Fintan or Tracy can confirm that we'll get tea and scones in Borris at 11am Sunday morning then that's probably the best plan, leaving a choice of 70k (no stops) or 95k (with a stop)
The Mount Leinster Challenge isn't that far away so the extra mileage would be good (and will most likely kill me, but sure hey :D )

What do ye think?

Here are both routes:

70k no stops: http://bikeroutetoaster.com/Course.aspx?course=517991

95k stop at Borris: http://bikeroutetoaster.com/Course.aspx?course=517542
Dena

Post by Dena »

Great I'm on for a 70k with no stop,what time do we depart? As I'm on a roll for being awkward and getting away with it the earlier the better :P
f redmond

Post by f redmond »

Tracy and myself will be there Sunday. Tracy has offered to make her special energy bars and will bring scones too, so if you want to stop for a take away coffee it might save some time.
niallomuiri

Post by niallomuiri »

yep Im in..
Last edited by niallomuiri on Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LorraineB

Post by LorraineB »

Don't forget the clocks go forward Saturday night
Would it be bright enough at 7.30 for the spin?
pjd

Post by pjd »

Ok listen up this time everybody......I'll try and make it crystal clear.

Departing the square in Bunclody Sunday morning at 7:30 am sharp and yes it will be bright.
The Route will be as John proposed and i seconded.
We will ALL leave Bunclody travel to Kiltealy onto Ballymurphy then Graiguenamanagh and St Mullins.
We will ALL stop in St Mullins where i've arranged a cafe shop to open early and they will have tea/coffee and scones if you want one (€5 aprox)30 min max
From there we will travel along roads to Kiltealy.(Johns navigational skills needed here)

In Kiltealy people will have a choice as to whether they continue up over Mt Leinster for a total of 85km or travel back to Halfway house and Bunclody for a total of 70km.

Pace will be sociable.

The idea is to encourage members out on there bikes for TDF. If you want to go eye balls out this is not for you.

There are more group spins planned (see first post) and any member can pick routes for these.

John the role of the safety officer is to keep the group safe as we travel the roads, orgainze the roll overs and make sure people call holes street furniture etc

Keep posting if your going so i can call ahead to cafe with numbers.

Hope this clears everything up :o

85 km Route:
http://bikeroutetoaster.com/Course.aspx?course=512123

70km route:
http://bikeroutetoaster.com/Course.aspx?course=517991
niallomuiri

Post by niallomuiri »

Well said PJ, this is a social event, if not, it will lose momentum, and numbers will drop off over the next few weeks....Im still in x