Group road spins

Use this area to arrange training spins, swims, runs etc. Non-Racing795 members can post in this area, so if you'd like to get involved please register and introduce yourself.
pjd

Re: Group road spins

Post by pjd »

Yeah the cafe was a treat. Scones with freshly whipped cream and tea for a fiver.
The setting was also nice better on a warmer day I'd imagine :D
Lovely place for a romantic stroll or a family river walk on a summers day. :roll:
Here's link:http://www.oldgrainstorecottages.ie/cafe-carlow.htm

Anyway back to reality :cry:

You'd think you never seen a grown man pee on the side of the road before with all your eye covering :roll:
BrianM

Post by BrianM »

St. Mullins/The Barrow is a lovely spot on a nice day.

Check these guys out also Pj: https://www.facebook.com/GoWithTheFlowR ... es?fref=ts

We paddled down from Goresbridge there last summer then camped out in St. Mullins at the river side, the lads picked the canoes up themselves then the next day, quality day out on your doorstep!
johnd

Post by johnd »

'Oh I do like to be beside the seaside ...'

The next group spin is scheduled for Saturday week the 20th April, and seeing as the cold weather has finally shifted we're taking spin up the coast and a tour of Wexford's finest seaside resorts :D
Blackwater to Ballygarrett, Kilmuckridge, Cahore & Courtown
Bunclody to Bunclody this is a 100k spin with a stop for 99's and Choc-ice's in Kilmuckridge :)

The route is flat, the pace will be sociable, and no one gets left behind
Do not be afraid that the group will be too fast or the distance too long
After stopping for coffees in Kilmuckridge this will be much more like two easy 50k spins than anything else, and we'll be far too busy chin wagging to be setting any land speed records

Pulling out of the square in Bunclody at 7:30am, here's the route: http://bikeroutetoaster.com/Course.aspx?course=523559

These are the big group spins where club mates get to know each other better, everyone passes disparaging remarks on my funky red overshoes, and and Niall writes about it all later

So who's coming?
don

Post by don »

Nenagh Sprint that day John, sorry!
niallomuiri

Post by niallomuiri »

yep, Im in...and Yvonne's party later that evening....jaysus, there's a novel in this :D fair play john grabbing hold of this and setting the route...
DavidC

Post by DavidC »

Ice cream? Yeah, I'm in.
Orls

Post by Orls »

I'm in, what time are we setting off?
johnd

Post by johnd »

Main group leaving the square in Bunclody at 7:30am

There are 3 of us cycling down from Gorey, passing through Carnew about 6:50 if anyone wants to meet us there?

Anyone else fancy joining us?
BarryB

Post by BarryB »

Lorraine had decided she will require her full strength for Saturday night so I'm in
can't wait for the ice creams
DavidF

Post by DavidF »

I'm there.