Swim night in Bunclody Swimming Pool

Use this area to arrange training spins, swims, runs etc. Non-Racing795 members can post in this area, so if you'd like to get involved please register and introduce yourself.

Please select preferred option

Opt 1
No votes
Opt 2
63%
Opt 3
38%

Total votes: 8

frankb

Swim night in Bunclody Swimming Pool

Post by frankb »

Folks, spoke to a member of Bunclody Swimming Pool Committee re: Racing795 swim lanes.

Rates at pool this year are €110 for whole family, €60 for one adult. Duration: June 19th to end August 2013.

Options available this year are as follows:

Opt 1: Whole Pool available to Racing795 members only on Sundays 6 to 7pm. €3 each based on a minimum of 15 people.

Opt 2: One lane on choice of nights - Monday to Saturday at 8pm. €3 for non members and no charge for those who pay family membership***

Opt 3: We are allocated a night and we get two lanes and public are notified that both lanes are for Racing 795. €3 for non members and no charge for those who pay family membership.

***For Option 2, the idea being that public can also swim lanes on same night. This is committee's preference above option 3. It is proposed that a lane will be available all the time at night for lane swimmers.

They need numbers so sign up below and use voting buttons for your options. if you definitely will attend these swim sessions for the summer. Once i get a feel for numbers, will contact the pool committee and see what nights we have available. Can then run a poll on this and majority rules

BTW there will be no coach hired for these sessions to keep costs down. It is proposed that (with all the swim sessions we got from James over the winter), each person in turn takes a session and runs it while also taking part in the swimming. Laminate the session and give a quick overview of what's involved and away we go.
Last edited by frankb on Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pjd

Re: Swim night in Bunclody Swimming Pool

Post by pjd »

I'll make every second night ;)
Mike

Post by Mike »

I'll be there.
HelenC

Post by HelenC »

I'm interested, thanks
paulh

Post by paulh »

I'm interested aswell
colm mc grath

Post by colm mc grath »

I am intrested too frank.
LorraineB

Post by LorraineB »

I'll be there
Lou Lou

Post by Lou Lou »

I'm def in.swimming gone a bit by d wayside lately without a group session to go too
frankb

Post by frankb »

Thanks to all who voted. One lane reserved for Racing795 on Thursday nights at 8pm. Reckon we won't have more than 6 most nights so one lane should be enough. If second lane is not busy we can use if, but note this is for others to use also.

So see you all this Thursday night and i'll take the first session. People can do as much or as little as they want, no pressure to complete what's listed.

However in fairness to those who are taking the session, if people could be punctual, so that everyone is present for the explanation of the plan for the night, as those taking the session will also want to swim.

Below is the rota for taking the session each night. If someone is stuck, email me and i will forward one of the sessions that James Dooley did with us over the winter. Alternatively, they could organise the counting of a swim TT (750m) so we could all warm up and then half count while the other half of group swim and visa versa. We could do a swim TT on week 5 and 10 to see how you progress over the 10 weeks. If you are not going to be present on the night allocated, please organise a swop between yourselves.

Frank June 27
Louise July 4
Lorraine July 11
Mike July 18
Paul July 25
Helen August 1
Colm August 8
PJ August 15
Niall August 22
Orla O Muiri August 29
Last edited by frankb on Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
frankb

Post by frankb »

Session 1 Thurs June 27
400m warmup

Set 1:
50m catchup (no paddles)
50m catchup (with paddles)
50m legs only (float out in front)
50m Arms only (Float between legs)
100m Push and Glide (count no of strokes)
50m Zip and shoulder touch

Set 1 x 2

400m cooldown

Total: 1500m

Attendance of 9 and no of strokes on push and glide: Megan (18), Lorraine (16/17), Louise (17), Paul H (22), Colm McG (22), Frank (23), PJ, Niall, Orla

If people could add this pre or post the session they run, it would be useful for records. Hope i have stroke count right!