Club Duathlon 2014

Use this area to arrange training spins, swims, runs etc. Non-Racing795 members can post in this area, so if you'd like to get involved please register and introduce yourself.
johnd

Club Duathlon 2014

Post by johnd »

This years club duathlon training day will take place on Sunday 30th March @ 10am starting and finishing at Kildavin GAA complex.
Format will be run / bike / run, with full details to be confirmed later. Don't expect it to be radically different to last years course which was run 3k / bike 25k / run 3k.
This is a training day, and it is posted in the training forum for that reason.
Marshalling will be minimal and restricted only to sign on / transition. There will be no Marshall's out on the road and you should approach junctions with the same degree of caution as you would on any regular training day.
Entry is open to all members of Racing 795. Entry will also be open to members of other local triathlon clubs invited to attend. Entrants must also be members of Triathlon Ireland for insurance purposes.
There will be a strictly limited number of entries available to non Triathlon Ireland members. Racing 795 members who are not affiliated with TI will get priority and as such will be guaranteed entry. Any remaining non TI spots will be available on a first come first served basis to local residents on the morning.
Please do not "advertise" this training day outside of the club forum.

Sorry if I come across as a bit of a prat limiting entries like that, but we will not be insured otherwise.

So put the date in the diary and come show us what you got on the day.
The emphasis is very much on participation and I want to see all the usual Marshall's out battling each other on the road instead.
So for the moment only those unfortunate enough to be injured or otherwise incapacitated need volunteer for marshalling.

What are you waiting for???
Stick your name down below and let the smack talk begin :)
DavidC

Re: Club Duathlon 2014

Post by DavidC »

Nice one John. Can't commit 100% yet but I am tempted. Have never competed in a race where you have to stop and change your clothes/shoes in the middle. ;)
Lou Lou

Post by Lou Lou »

I hope to make it thanks
BarryB

Post by BarryB »

Great stuff be there marshaling or racing whichever is required
LorraineB

Post by LorraineB »

I'm thinking I might give this a go, should be fun! !!
Jarlath

Post by Jarlath »

I intend to be there. Looking forward to it.
lazyboypops

Post by lazyboypops »

Count me in.
joy

Post by joy »

Won't make it John , will be away . Hope it's a great success.
BShaugh

Post by BShaugh »

see ye there, can marshal if required
niallomuiri

Post by niallomuiri »

I'll be there and Caoilfhionn..available to Marshall, or help set up etc etc or even bake a cake..just let me know...