Barrow swim athy

Use this area to arrange training spins, swims, runs etc. Non-Racing795 members can post in this area, so if you'd like to get involved please register and introduce yourself.
f redmond

Barrow swim athy

Post by f redmond »

Lads was planning on going for a swim in Athy Sat and Sunday afternoon if anyone is interested. Was thinking around 4ish. Let us know and we can arrange a time.
niallomuiri

Re: Barrow swim athy

Post by niallomuiri »

Ah Jaysus Fintan...were we swimming in the barrow this early last year..I feel a heart attack coming on....wont make this weekend but am interested xx
f redmond

Post by f redmond »

Not looking forward to it either but can't wait to have a change from the pool.
Jarlath

Post by Jarlath »

Definitely interested as well Fintan but can't make this weekend. Hope to get a wetsuit sorted in the next week bearing in mind triathy is only 5 weeks away and this will be a whole new venture for me in open water.
pjd

Post by pjd »

Jarlath as I said to you at Duathlon your welcome to try my wetsuit.
I won't be needing it for a while :roll:

Ring me on 087 twoseven20four79
frankb

Post by frankb »

Might make that tomorrow afternoon Fint- if i get a lift from Ross! Just a suggestion, would you consider Bagenalstown as its similar distance for you from Carlow and a lot shorter for Bunclody crew to Bagenalstown. No hassle either way
f redmond

Post by f redmond »

Yea I would prefer bagnelstown its closer to me. In a couple of more weeks though. I just don't feel safe getting into it yet. It seems a lot wider with more current and deeper. I just feel a little safer in athy for the moment knowing that they have been in the last 2 weeks.
frankb

Post by frankb »

Fair point - no hassle.
joy

Post by joy »

Hi Fintan I hope to make it to some of these. Keep me posted. Thanks
Lou Lou

Post by Lou Lou »

Id really like to dodge the open water for another while but need to get to it, anyone any plans to go this weekend???