Swim Training

Use this area to arrange training spins, swims, runs etc. Non-Racing795 members can post in this area, so if you'd like to get involved please register and introduce yourself.

Which swim location would you attend

Poll ended at Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:39 am

Enniscorthy
67%
Carlow
33%
Both
No votes

Total votes: 9

lazyboypops

Re: Swim Training

Post by lazyboypops »

Sorry Guys, there aren't enough numbers at present to go ahead with this. :(

If anything changes I will post here.
frankb

Post by frankb »

Jim - I wonder if everyone that read your post realised that there was an option to vote at the top of the posting. Is it possible to tell who voted, as i voted but didnt post on that thread?

I make it 8 for Enniscorthy (Pat Whitney is also interested as he emailed me - but cannot vote).

Listed below

Jarlath
Louise
Don (as either venue suits him)
Ciara B
Paul B
Frank B
Joy
Pat Whitney.

That is two lanes of 4! How many do we need?
lazyboypops

Post by lazyboypops »

Unfortunately as I am getting older my telepathic powers are declining so if there is anybody else out there who wants to join the swim training sessions please post here or let me know.

Considering that this post has well in excess of 200 views I'm sure more of you want to take the plunge.

Final date for posting is Sunday 19th.
ragingbill-74

Post by ragingbill-74 »

I would prefer Carlow but might consider Enniscorthy if it was a 6am start. I start work in Carlow at 8 !!
Lou Lou

Post by Lou Lou »

Oh I love Tuesday am swim sessions coz wen I pay for it I know I'll get out of d bed lol is it ok to ask others If interested to join d sessions to make up numbers or how does that go if d club is subsiding it??
rosshead

Post by rosshead »

Stick me down for an enniscorthy spot if not too late to make a difference
lazyboypops

Post by lazyboypops »

Ok everything is finalised now.

Swim training will commence in Enniscorthy pool at 7am on Tuesday 4th November for 6 weeks.

The cost will be €50 per person for club members €60 for non club members paid by cash in advance to Frank at the first session.

The following people have been confirmed as committing to the 6 week block

Jarlath Duffy
Louise Nolan
Don Morrissey
Ciara Bowe
Paul Brown
Frank Burke
Joy Furlong
Pat Whitney
Ross Moorehead

If you are not attending a session please let Frank know in advance if possible. This will aid in allocation of lanes by the pool staff.

Thanks and enjoy!!!
Eimearbowden

Post by Eimearbowden »

Hi all, I'm new to the triathlon world! Would be interested in this swimming training to get started with training, if its going ahead? Enniscorthy would be best for me too. Eimear
Eimearbowden

Post by Eimearbowden »

Sorry just saw previous post....if I'm too late its no problem!
lazyboypops

Post by lazyboypops »

Eimearbowden wrote:Hi all, I'm new to the triathlon world! Would be interested in this swimming training to get started with training, if its going ahead? Enniscorthy would be best for me too. Eimear

Thats no problem Eimear, just be ready to be in the water in Enniscorthy pool at 7am tuesday.

Frank Burke will be there to coordinate everybody, if you need to know anything give me a call on o87 2i895i4. Jim