Annagh Hill training run

Use this area to arrange training spins, swims, runs etc. Non-Racing795 members can post in this area, so if you'd like to get involved please register and introduce yourself.
johnd

Annagh Hill training run

Post by johnd »

Doing the race route this Saturday 8th January @ 10 am if anyone wants to join us?

Distance is 9k, lots of really fast downhill sections, bring some really grippy runners if you have them as gets very mucky in parts
You will absolutely need a change of clothes for afterwards
Meet in the carpark across the road from The Gap pub for 10am, location and picture here:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=52.7 ... .38,,0,2.4

This is a great run heading across the top of Annagh Hill and back
Good to get a bit of practice in before the race on 6th February
BShaugh

Re: Annagh Hill training run

Post by BShaugh »

Count me in John, one of the lads I run on the weekend might come along as well, he's flying it at the moment so we might have to tie a block around his neck to slow him down!
johnd

Post by johnd »

nice run Saturday with Brian, Ciara and me

Frozen muck meant we didn't get near as dirty as promised, but also made for tough conditions underfoot.
Ciara gave her knee a bit of a twist along the way which made for a walking finish and hopefully will clear up soon. Luckily enough she shouldn't have too far to go for expert treatment :)

Anyone else fancy going up just give me a shout, will most likely be going up myself again this weekend either Saturday or Sunday morning
Tom

Post by Tom »

Hi John,

If your heading Sunday morning let me know and i will come with ya, i may make up 12 miles so i can do some before or after if the route is not that long.
BShaugh

Post by BShaugh »

How's the knee Ciara?
ciara

Post by ciara »

knees are good, have been running on the flat and some easier terrain, will add in some hills gradually, also looking into trail runners (always blame the equipment). But thanks again for showing us the way John, really enjoyed it and all the tips, great views on a great day- sorry about the hypothermia.
don

Post by don »

I might join ye this Sunday morning. Have to start this hill running at some stage. Let us know what time suits ye.
johnd

Post by johnd »

Not much sense trying to do this same time as the club TT
Don is doing the TT anyway and looks like Tom is marshalling at it

Have arranged with Dena to meet at Gap pub for 9am Saturday 15th instead if anyone else wants to join us?
Route is 9k, Dena is probably doing 2 laps, might do 2 myself as well
anyone else?
RGough

Post by RGough »

I am interested in doing the run on Saturday, I will text you later. I am marshalling at TT on Sunday, so I want to get a run in on Saturday anyway.

Look forward to it

Ruairi
frankb

Post by frankb »

2 more for Annagh - Adrian is getting a lift with me. See ye at gap pub for 9am so!