'Run Coaching' with Jame McAssey

Organised club training activities are posted here.
don

Re: 'Run Coaching' with Jame McAssey

Post by don »

Hi everyone, we have finalised the session for Saturday. There will be two groups as follows:
- Marathon/Half Marathon Group will commence at 2pm sharp
- 10K Group will commence at 3pm sharp.

Here's the link to the sheet with each time and groups:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Frank will meet, greet and collect monies (€10 for members €20 for non-members) for the 1st group and I and Nigel will be there for the second group. We will post a link with the times and names later this evening/tomorrow morning, but everyone that has completed the survey will know what time their group will be.

Both groups will be similar as James will want to see what everyone is like, their goals, technique and ability. As a reminder, here's the general schedule for Saturday:

Session 1: (Warm-Up/Technique Focus with Tempo Run Session):
Meet and greet with each group individually i.e. meet with Marathon group first, then the 10k group. The following will then be completed with each group indiviudally i.e. roughly 1 hour per group.
• Talk through what goals etc. that indiviudals have and explain the training outline/ plan I have in mind.
• 10-15 Min introduction on correct warm up techniques and drills to activate major muscle groups before training.
• 30 mins session with the group – tempo session with 3 whistles indicating 3 different speeds. This will also help to talk to each person individually during the session to identify 1 technical aspect of their running form to try and improve upon.

Look forward to seeing you all on Saturday.

Training coordination team.
lazyboypops

Post by lazyboypops »

The official opening of HWH Bunclody indoor pitch takes place at 3pm on Saturday.

I would advise anybody attending the run training to get there early to get a decent parking place.
frankb

Post by frankb »

Folks We have been asked by GAA Club to enter via the medical centre entrance - pass soccer pavilion on left and turn to right at end of road to right and park immediately inside the barrier beside the generator and right up against the railings at the back of the goals. I will be parked there so align alongside my car.

Bring lots of layers as James will be chatting to you at first. Some of the run will be on grass but most of it is on grit track so choose footwear accordingly.

Thanks

Training Coordination Team
frankb

Post by frankb »

Well done to all today for punctuality. Nice group photo here
Attachments
James McAssey Run Coaching Day 1.jpg
James McAssey Run Coaching Day 1.jpg (139.55 KiB) Viewed 6786 times
don

Post by don »

Hi guys,

Just a reminder that the second run coaching day is this Sunday at 2pm. I know the date clashes with a few events but tight schedules didn't allow for change. This weeks focus is on Technique, Training Zones and will be a 'Goal Pace Session'.

See you Sunday. Training Team
BarryB

Post by BarryB »

Now Don I know this is a stupid question, and it was probably covered the last session when I wasn't paying attention, but is it 2 groups again second one at 3
don

Post by don »

Apologies Barry, certainly not a stupid question for the amount that have asked already. My mistake.

Same groups as the last day, Marathon Group at 2pm and the 10k Group at 3pm. See you all then
pjd

Post by pjd »

Think I told Frank already. But im not around this weekend as im working.
MickF

Post by MickF »

Can't do this on Sunday.. Enjoy
don

Post by don »

Just a reminder that the final day in the current series 'Run Training with James McAssey' is next Saturday 14/3/2015 at 2pm - 4pm. The Marathon Group will be first off at 2pm and then the 10k Group immediately after at 3pm.

Session 3: (Race Planning and Speed-Endurance Session) will consist of the following:
• Before the session James will talk to the group about nutrition, hydration and what to do/ not to do the week before a goal race. A brief time will be also spent on planning your A, B and C goal races.
• The session with each group will be a speed endurance session. It will be 200m repeats at a pace faster than goal race pace i.e. a person with a 10k goal pace of 4 min per km would complete each 200m in 40-42secs with a very short recovery i.e. 30 sec recovery. Depending on the group, a different pace and quantity of 200m will be given.

See you all next Saturday.

Training coordination Team.