'Run Coaching' with Jame McAssey

Organised club training activities are posted here.
don

'Run Coaching' with Jame McAssey

Post by don »

Location: Bunclody GAA Pitch - Gravel Track with 200 metres of Grass at one end of the Loop

Proposed Schedule:

17/1/2015 Saturday - Day 1

Time for each day 1pm - 4.30pm (depends on number who sign up)

Session 1: (Warm-Up/Technique Focus with Tempo Run Session):
Meet and greet with each group individually i.e. meet with 10k group first, then ½ marathon group, then marathon group etc. The following will then be completed with each group indiviudally i.e. roughly 1 hour per group.
• Talk through what goals etc. that indiviudals have and explain the training outline/ plan I have in mind.
• 10-15 Min introduction on correct warm up techniques and drills to activate major muscle groups before training.
• 30 mins session with the group – tempo session with 3 whistles indicating 3 different speeds. This will also help to talk to each person indiviudally during the session to identify 1 technical aspect of their running form to try and improve upon.

8/2/2015 Sunday - Day 2*

Session 2: (Technique, Training Zones and Goal Pace Session):
Again I would like to meet each group individually i.e. 45min-1hr per group.
• 10mins before the session I would like to talk to the group about how to gauge your effort levels etc. in training/ in races and how to train within different training zones i.e. aerobic sessions v anaerobic sessions and benefits of including both in your training.
• The session with each group will be km repeats or mile repeats i.e. 10k group might have 5-6 x 1k at goal race pace, marathon group would have 8-9 x 1k at goal marathon pace.
• I will once again try to again focus on technique and posture of each person while they are running at a fast pace.

*For those signing up for the Enniscorthy 10K - Monday Feb 16th will the alternative Day 2 session.

14/3/2015 - Saturday - Day 3

Session 3: (Race Planning and Speed-Endurance Session):
Again I would like to meet each group individually i.e. 45min-1hr per group.
• Before the session I would like to talk to the group about nutrition, hydration and what to do/ not to do the week before a goal race. A brief time will be also spent on planning your A, B and C goal races.
• The session with each group will be a speed endurance session. It will be 200m repeats at a pace faster than goal race pace i.e. a person with a 10k goal pace of 4 min per km would complete each 200m in 40-42secs with a very short recovery i.e. 30 sec recovery. Depending on the group, a different pace and quantity of 200m will be given.

We will create a questionnaire and this will be added to this post in due course and must be filled out in advance of Day 1. James will group people according to the information he received from this questionnaire.

Costs - €10 per person for the three sessions. Please sign up asap as we need to get a handle on numbers. Money to be paid to Don by January 10 (drop it in an envelope with name and get it to him via cycling group that will be in Kildavin on January 10th)

James will also pick a group leader from each group. This group leader will receive an email outlining a weekly training plan to distribute to the others in the group between sessions. As an individual, you can also email James at any stage during the week with any questions that you may have.
BarryB

Re: 'Run Coaching' with Jame McAssey

Post by BarryB »

Yes please don
LorraineB

Post by LorraineB »

Put me down please don
DavidT

Post by DavidT »

Count me in please Don.
paulh

Post by paulh »

Count me in Don please
joy

Post by joy »

Me too. Thanks
ragingbill-74

Post by ragingbill-74 »

Count me in please
frankb

Post by frankb »

Folks

Run Coaching Questionnaire below. Please complete if attending the Run Coaching.

https://racing795.wufoo.com/forms/zyqtuig197235i/
frankb

Post by frankb »

Don

Add me to the list and questionnaire completed. Thanks
Kate

Post by Kate »

Hi can you sign me up too please, sounds brill I've done the questionnaire already, thanks!!