Watt Bike Test and Training Tips

Organised club training activities are posted here.
carr16v

Re: Watt Bike Test and Training Tips

Post by carr16v »

Me too.
Mike

Post by Mike »

I'll be there.
Jarlath

Post by Jarlath »

Sorry can't make this.
frankb

Post by frankb »

Folks - see revised schedule as we had a few that could n't make it. Your slot time is time on the watt bike so as before - do your warmup 15 mins before on the stationary bike in the gym. See you all on Saturday. Note the debrief slots for three different groups. This is a Q&A with Jonathan and there is nothing formal planned, so don't feel you have to wait around. However, if you have a query, please use the alloted debrief time, as requested by Jonathan.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
NMcCord

Post by NMcCord »

Thanks to everyone for replying to us . Don't forget to bring your results sheet from the previous Watt Bike test for comparison . I believe Johathan said last time he didn't keep the records .
Hope you enjoy :-)
MickF

Post by MickF »

Thanks for organising lads. Very useful. The hardest 6 minutes of my life
NMcCord

Post by NMcCord »

6mins ?? What the hell test you do Mick ? :-)

Thanks to everyone who came out today for the Test . It went as smooth and well as previously . Hope you all enjoyed it .

Well since the last Watt bike test I took some of Johathans advice and cut the crap out of my diet and eating a bit healthy . I.v been running alot also . I lost 10kg between the two tests .
Johathan said to me 'Lose the Weight and you.l gain the power . I.m up 11watts on my average over the 3mins and my power to weight ratio up from 4.10 to 4.60 . I.m delighted with my results as it proves it works . I know its obvious really but I took this as a challenge in January for myself .
I intend to keep going and increase my fitness and strength , so maybe if we do this again next year I.l see increased figures .
Patsymc

Post by Patsymc »

Well done Nigel that's a huge gain , keep doing what you've been doing , it's obviously working.
MickF

Post by MickF »

Fair play Nigel, That's serious weight loss and power increase, Going in the right direction myself, had a good increase in power, mostly cause I paced it better this time, left a little in the tank for the last 30 seconds instead of blowing it all in the first 30 like on the first test.
DavidF

Post by DavidF »

MickF wrote: instead of blowing it all in the first 30 like on the first test.
which is exactly what I did....

Tx to the organisers