Nutrition Night with Beth McCluskey

Organised club training activities are posted here.
don

Nutrition Night with Beth McCluskey

Post by don »

The Training Coordination Team would like to announce that the Club will be hosting a Nutrition Night on Saturday 28th March at 8pm in the Millrace Hotel. There may be a small charge but we will have further details of that closer to the date.

The nutrition talk will be given by Beth McCluskey, which some of you know already. Beth has represented Ireland at World & European Championships and World Cups in cross country mountain biking, road biking and mountain running. She is a former MTB XCO elite national champion & has twice been on the podium at the World Masters MTB Championships. She has competed in and won many duathlons and adventure races including WAR, ROAR, CCAR, Ras na Riochta & CLEC. However despite the above achievements, her real passion is Nutrition, where she has completed a Masters on top of her qualifications.

We are also delighted to announce that Beth will also participate in Brian & Jim's Spring league the following day and I'm sure will be available before and after the race to chat with anyone who has further questions.

From experience we can assure you that no matter what distance event you will ever compete in, Nutrition is a massive part of the race plan and the longer the race, the more important it is and it promises to be a well worthwhile talk.

The training coordination team
LorraineB

Re: Nutrition Night with Beth McCluskey

Post by LorraineB »

Sounds great, well done lads.
count myself and barry in.
DavidC

Post by DavidC »

Deadly. Ireland's greatest ever male national champion last week and now a former female champ. Great work all round.
DavidF

Post by DavidF »

^^^^^ Wot e said :D

Great stuff, looking forward to it
Patsymc

Post by Patsymc »

Count me in too , I've read some blogs and articles that Beth has written
, very knowledgable . Well done lads .
BrianM

Post by BrianM »

Thanks for organising this lads, great work, cant wait
lazyboypops

Post by lazyboypops »

Looking forward to this should be great. Thanks guys.
frankb

Post by frankb »

Bump! - Hope people support this event and please spread the word (all welcome) and try and bring a non-member along with you
DavidC

Post by DavidC »

Very interesting talk by Beth last night, thanks lads for organising. Great to race with her this morning too, she's obviously eating the right stuff!
DavidF

Post by DavidF »

Very informative. My eyes usually glaze over when presented with such topics, but Beths 'keep it simple' approach really struck a chord.

Thanks to the boys for organising