Open Water Swim Camp

Organised club training activities are posted here.
Jarlath

Re: Open Water Swim Camp

Post by Jarlath »

Put me down for this, please
cibowe

Post by cibowe »

Include me please
paulh

Post by paulh »

Stick my name down Aswell Don pls
don

Post by don »

Just a reminder about the Open Water Camp next Saturday. We only have 8 confirmed and I really think this will benefit anyone who wants to take to the open waters. I'll post up more details next Tuesday.
don

Post by don »

Apologies for the delay in final details for the Open Water Swim Camp.

Ger Kennedy has finalised details and seems the weather will be ok (showers and light winds). The event will take place at 3pm in Poulshone as the other beach is not fully complete. Ger's assistant on the day is Edel Mulhall, who trained with Michelle Smith (DeBruen) back in the day, so she's high performance. It's a wetsuit event, so bring along wetsuit, two hats, goggles, towel, change of cloths (showers forecast). Ger will start with information, tips and then into the water. We might head back into Courtown for a coffee and Q&A afterwards. It is catering for every ability, so no one will be left out or behind.

Details for Poulshone Beach, as follows: https://www.google.ie/maps/@52.6209872,-6.2272543,15z

Looking forward to seeing you there.
frankb

Post by frankb »

Dropped pin

http://goo.gl/maps/7fCkV

Park and meet at this location as no parking down at beach.

Thanks Don for organising. This is an opportunity that should not be missed for those hoping to do any openwatee swimming.
cibowe

Post by cibowe »

thanks guys for an informative afternoon.....brrrrr the water is still cold though :)