Brick and Transition Training

Organised club training activities are posted here.
don

Brick and Transition Training

Post by don »

The Training Team have decided to run a brick and Transition Training Session, where we concentrate on the bike to run element of Triathlon.

Brick sessions are an essential part of training for triathlon as is speed through transition and yet few of us consistently train or practice these sets/techniques. When Brian Keane (Olympic Qualified Triathlete) was recently interviewed after winning the 'Hell of the West' triathlon, he emphasised how critical brick sessions were to triathlon and that he did at least six brick sets a week.

There will be three formal sessions on January 24th, March 20th and April 3rd. The first day will be very easy as we want to prevent injury and ease our way into the brick sets, so we will cycle 3k and run 1k and do a couple of these quite easy. The middle and final dates will consist of higher intensity intervals and bike mount/dismount techniques. The venue will be Kildavin GAA and we will commence at 9.30am.

Look forward to seeing you all there.
cibowe

Re: Brick and Transition Training

Post by cibowe »

Great idea, looking forward to it. I hope to do ferrycarrig 5 mile on the 24th, so i might miss it, it starts at 12, do you know times yet?
don

Post by don »

Bunclody GAA are running a 5k on Sunday 24th at 11am, which clashes with the brick.

If anymore else is interested, we will move this to Saturday at 3pm, same venue but we will need more interest or else we will have to postpone until another date. Please respond on the forum
Jarlath

Post by Jarlath »

Sorry Don, had intended posting. This is a very worthwhile training event for all and something which I certainly would benefit from. I intended to be there on the Sunday, but I'm unavailable on the 23rd (Saturday) sorry.
LorraineB

Post by LorraineB »

Yeah I'll be around for that
niallomuiri

Post by niallomuiri »

Really sorry Don, at the moment I cant make Sat session...
Elainegib

Post by Elainegib »

Sat @ 3 should be okay for me too
MickF

Post by MickF »

Saturday is OK for me
don

Post by don »

Unfortunately due to unforeseen circumstances, the training coordination team have to cancel the brick session on Saturday. It's proving very difficult to reschedule this date, so we will resume on Sunday March the 20th. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.