Racing795 Club Brick/Transition Training Session 1

Organised club training activities are posted here.
frankb

Racing795 Club Brick/Transition Training Session 1

Post by frankb »

Folks as the Club Duathlon has been postponed til later in the year, we are replacing it with a transition/brick session.

Sun Feb 28th is the first of three sessions

9am start

Based on reports from last year, it was apparent that a few might benefit from some transition training. PLEASE post here asap to express your interest

As we have a wealth of experience within the club, we have enlisted a few experienced triathletes to give a demo (at each event) of how to transition and talk you through some good tips. We will also incorporate some brick training as part of the learning experience.

Dena has kindly offered to give a demo and some tips for the first of these events.

So, the plan is to do a run, bike, run, bike over very short distances so you get to practice this in a typical transition environment (multiple times). Distances can be a choice of 1 or 2km runs and 3 or 5km cycles - so newbies might choose shorter distances and more experienced might choose the longer distances (to try and generate a busy transition).

You will need runners, a helmet, bike\tri shoes (plus elastic bands) and a bike (rear red light as always) and bright or high-viz clothing. Be ready to start at 9am but attire appropriately initially while standing around for the demo with Dena. You will then put into practice some of what Dena is suggesting. The skills you try are totally optional (no pressure).

Depending on choices made by those interested, we will run in Kildavin GAA or outside Ferns GAA grounds, so please indicate your interest by posting below and state which venue is your preference.
Last edited by frankb on Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jarlath

Re: Racing795 Club Brick/Transition Training Session 1

Post by Jarlath »

count me in Frank. Ferns would be my preferred option.
Fergal o connor

Post by Fergal o connor »

that will be an challenge for me, definitely a "novice". I hope to be there, (not certain yet). Willing to do either venue !
MickF

Post by MickF »

Unfortunately I'm away next weekend .
Kathryn Fraser

Post by Kathryn Fraser »

I might be interested in this but unsure what day and time that it is on. Don't mind which venue.
LorraineB

Post by LorraineB »

Sunday at 9am, Kathryn
Kathryn Fraser

Post by Kathryn Fraser »

Is it starting this Sunday, are you doing it lorraine? is it very difficult just wondering whether I would be able for it?
frankb

Post by frankb »

Kathryn - yes this Sunday and it's not a race. You do as much or as little as you choose.
Patricia Brennan

Post by Patricia Brennan »

I would be interested, venue of choice Ferns.
niallomuiri

Post by niallomuiri »

Ill be there