Powertap Wheels

Organised club training activities are posted here.
Jarlath

Powertap Wheels

Post by Jarlath »

Hi all,

As most of you are aware, the club have 4 x Powertap G3 wheels for club members to use. I recently arranged the collection and service of these wheels which necessitated sending them to the UK (this will explain the delay to any member wondering where they are) to have software updated and one wheel repaired. I am advised that the wheels are now on the way back to the club.

Over 18 months have now elapsed since the wheels were distributed among four nominated groups, and I am sure due to varying levels of usage some may or may not be interested in continuing to use the wheel, while newer club members may also wish to consider utilising same. With this in mind, I am now canvassing members to determine who is interested in using the wheels and I ask all members (including those who had previous use of the wheels) to advise of their interest. When advised the interested members will be grouped into 4 groups, with a monthly rotation per member / household on the wheels.

As per Racing795 committee rules, previously advised, there are some terms and conditions with the usage of wheels as they cost close to €1,000 each.

• Members must be a member of Racing795 for a minimum of 12 months to avail of the powertap wheels.
• Monthly rotation
• No 'borrowing' during someone else's rotation
• Person who is due the wheel for their month arranges and picks up the wheels from member who currently has the wheel.
• Person collecting gives 2 days notice before handover.
• Person who is collecting the wheel verifies the condition of the wheel and tyre.
• In the event of damage, loss, tyre replacement, puncture, battery replacement, member fixes at own cost.
• If using on turbo, you must use turbo tyre or old tyre of your own. (GATOR TYRE NOT ALLOWED ON TURBO AT ALL).
• You must put back on gator tyre before handover, unless turbo/old tyre being left on has been agreed with person in group you are about to hand over wheel.
• Gator tyre goes with wheel and wheel bag always (even if turbo tyre is on wheel)
• If wheel truing is required - equipment officer brings them to LBS, but arrangement for same is done by member who has wheel at time of issue.
• Racing795 Committee have the right to remove the privilege of using powertap wheels from club members in certain circumstances

Each wheel is supplied in a wheel bag, skewer, 10 speed shimano ultegra cassette and Gatorskin tyre, so should be a quick swap out for most.

It would be appreciated if members could post their interest on the forum in order to get this sorted in the next couple of weeks, please.

Regards

Jarlath
pjd

Re: Powertap Wheels

Post by pjd »

I'm still interested.
MickF

Post by MickF »

I'm still interested

Mick via taptalk
frankb

Post by frankb »

Still interested
kevin

Post by kevin »

im intrested in using them aswell
Dena

Post by Dena »

still in pls
DavidT

Post by DavidT »

I am - thanks
don

Post by don »

Me too
Jarlath

Post by Jarlath »

Ok lads, I'm giving this till the weekend and wheels will be assigned to groups. As things stand there are only 8 people including myself interested in the powertap. anyone else before this closes?
Jarlath

Post by Jarlath »

OK everybody,

This post has been up over 2 1/2 weeks and its time to get moving for the 1st April 2017 (first month of rotation)

We are sharing the wheels as follows:

Group 1: Jarlath, Dena
Group 2: Frank, PJ,
Group 3: Mick, Kevin
Group 4: Jim F, Don, Dave T

Each wheel is supplied in a wheel bag, skewer, 10 speed shimano ultegra cassette and Gatorskin tyre.
As per Racing795 committee rules and as previously advised, the t&c's with the usage of wheels are:-
• Members must be a member of Racing795 for a minimum of 12 months to avail of the powertap wheels.
• Monthly rotation
• No 'borrowing' during someone else's rotation
• Person who is due the wheel for their month arranges and picks up the wheels from member who currently has the wheel.
• Person collecting gives 2 days notice before handover.
• Person who is collecting the wheel verifies the condition of the wheel and tyre.
• In the event of damage, loss, tyre replacement, puncture, battery replacement, member fixes at own cost.
• If using on turbo, you must use turbo tyre or old tyre of your own. (GATOR TYRE NOT ALLOWED ON TURBO AT ALL).
• You must put back on gator tyre before handover, unless turbo/old tyre being left on has been agreed with person in group you are about to hand over wheel.
• Gator tyre goes with wheel and wheel bag always (even if turbo tyre is on wheel)
• If wheel truing is required - equipment officer brings them to LBS, but arrangement for same is done by member who has wheel at time of issue.
• Racing795 Committee have the right to remove the privilege of using powertap wheels from club members in certain circumstances

Thank you all for your reply's. I'll arrange to get the wheels in your direction over the coming days.