Bike Fitting

Organised club training activities are posted here.
Jarlath

Bike Fitting

Post by Jarlath »

Some of us within the club have invested in or upgraded our bikes in the last year and with this in mind I have made enquiries with regard to bike fitting with Aidan Hammond, who is known to some members of the club having fitted them on their bikes over the last few years.

For those that don't know Aidan, he is highly regarded within the industry (level 3 cycling Ireland coach, former A1 rider and qualified European Neuromuscular Physical Therapist and Massage Therapist). He provides a comprehensive service as you can observe at www.bikefittingireland.com/bikefits-pricing.

You will note from the website that he has two main fitting services - standard bike fit @ €130 or advanced at €170.

However, based on my enquiry, Aidan is offering members of Racing 795 the standard bike fit for €100 if they travel to his location - Kilmacanogue, Co. Wicklow.

Alternatively, he also provides a club day service, where he would come to our location provided there are a minimum of six cyclists for fitting. If he is to travel to visit 795, his costs are:-
1. €70 for a road bike,
2. €85 for a TT bike and
3. €40 for anybody wanting a fitting on a 2nd bike.

The difference with this service is that he doesn't offer video analysis on group days. However, Michelle who works with him helps on the club days (She is a physical therapist, cycling Ireland level 2 coach and a former International cyclist too), measures the riders, checks core and flexibility and goes through their cycling history, injuries and any issues they have on the bike. Cyclists then spend 30 mins with Aidan on the bike where he checks foot, knee and hip angles while pedaling and hip movements. He also checks shoe and cleat set up and will make whatever changes are needed on the bike. Riders are emailed a report with all their before and after bike measurements and any recommendations. Aidan brings stems, cleats and saddles on the day if riders want/need them changed at a min cost.

If anybody is interested in either the club day (minimum of 6 needed) or attending with Aidan for a bike fit, let me know and I can make the necessary arrangements or alternatively advise him that he can expect visits from club members.
Tom

Re: Bike Fitting

Post by Tom »

Hi jarlath stick my name down please I've been talking about doing it for 2or3 years this way I'll have to go :)
Elainegib

Post by Elainegib »

I would be interested, prob Kevin aswell
Thanks
MickF

Post by MickF »

I would be interested
Bikerbird41

Post by Bikerbird41 »

I definitely interested, I in bits after getting off bike!!
kevin

Post by kevin »

Stick my name down aswell and either one the group or call up I dnt mind
bernie64

Post by bernie64 »

I would be interested as well
Patsymc

Post by Patsymc »

Interested in this too Jarlath
pjd

Post by pjd »

Interested
Jarlath

Post by Jarlath »

Ok guys.

Between the forum and WhatsApp I've sufficient interest to make this a viable project.

I have been in contact with Aidan Hammond and the only available date this side of xmas is Saturday, 25th November 2017.

I have booked a room at Kildavin Gaa and Aidan has been booked from 10am on that date. Based on responses a schedule of those interested in attending will be circulated in advance.

What I require at this stage is definite numbers, so if I can ask that you post to this forum

1. Confirmation that you are attending (€20 deposit to be collected at AGM Thursday 9th Nov)
2. Please advise preferred time for morning / afternoon slot and I will try to accommodate where possible.
3. Confirm if it is 1 / 2 bikes for fitting (a bike fit takes 1 hour, if second bike add an extra 15/20mins)
4. confirm if it is a road / TT bike

Thanks

Jarlath