795 strava challange

Organised club training activities are posted here.
niallomuiri

795 strava challange

Post by niallomuiri »

Heres a new club inititive to get us active....The 795 Strava Challenge....The idea is for all club members to register with and down load the strava Ap..See attachment below....We will set monthly targets for all discipline's....With the aim of a league table and presentation of prizes at the end of the year....
I will post a similar challenge for MT BIKERS following consultation with that group...
Targets:

So Monthly targets to be achieved leading to awards at xmas party for those that succeed, i.e. achieve their monthly target each month January through to November 2018.
Participant should declare from outset whether they are registering for ‘triathlon’, ‘cycle only’ or ‘run only’

For the early months of the year, i.e. January / February we consider the following targets for a triathlete

Cycle – 200km (average of 50km per week)
Run – 60km (average of 15km per week)
Swim – 10km (average of 2.5km per week)

For a cyclist only - 200km (average of 75km per week) initially, reviewed on a monthly basis

for a runner only - 100km (average of 25km per week)

These figures will increase as the year progresses with longer evenings, events, etc and probably decrease as we approach the off season again.
Strava guide.doc
(47.5 KiB) Downloaded 699 times
Yvette D

Re: 795 strava challange

Post by Yvette D »

Great idea to get the club linking in together.
pjd

Post by pjd »

Good idea.
Triathlon
Jarlath

Post by Jarlath »

Super idea, put me down for triathlon.

it'll be fantastic if this gets 'buy in' as these targets are easily within reach for all through participation in groups spins be it bike, run or swim.
frankb

Post by frankb »

Reactivated strava
kevin

Post by kevin »

This is a Great idea put me in for triathlon
MickF

Post by MickF »

Put me down for cycling only..Thanks
Patsymc

Post by Patsymc »

Cycling only for me please .
Maryc

Post by Maryc »

put me down for triathlon please
niallomuiri

Post by niallomuiri »

Following some feedback from interested parties we have decided to revise the method of measuring your strava times instead of klms it is now hours...this makes it easier for us to administer and also, allows all members to be apart of the challenge...
Targets:

Monthly targets to be achieved leading to awards at xmas party for those that succeed, i.e. achieve the monthly target each month January through to November 2018.

The targets will be set and recorded on the basis of hours spent training & competing by each participant and can be achieved through on/off road run / cycle, turbo or treadmill and will also incorporate club championship events.

Participants should declare on the forum from the outset whether they are registering for ‘triathlon’, ‘cycle only’ or ‘run only’

For the early months of the year, i.e. January / February we consider the following targets appropriate:

For a triathlete:- a minimum of 16hrs per month through a combination of swim, bike, run (this works out at an average of just over 4 hours training per week) achieved through the following:-.
• cycling - 8hrs per month (approx 2hrs per week)
• running - 4hrs per month (approx 1 hr per week)
• swim - 4hrs per month (approx 1 hr per week)

For a cyclist & Mountain Biker only: – minimum of 8hrs per month (average of 2hrs per week)
For a runner only: – minimum of 8hrs per month (average of 2hrs per week)

These figures will increase as the year progresses with longer evenings, events, etc and probably decrease as we approach the off season again.