Duathlon Races 2021

Organised club training activities are posted here.
kevin

Duathlon Races 2021

Post by kevin »

Well this Sunday the 24th January was to be our first club duathlon race, but as government COVID-19 rules state no public gatherings and you must stay within 5km of your home, it will have to be a virtual event so you can complete this duathlon in your own time between Friday 22nd to Sunday 24th of January it will be the usual format

3km run - 20km bike - 3km run

It can be done on a turbo trainer and treadmill or on the road inside your 5km radius, you will also need to record the FULL ACTIVITY from start to finish with transitions included no pausing or doing them individual with rest in between only the full activity will be acceptable not 3 separate activities, so if you don’t have multi sport function on your device just set it to run or bike,

When completed send me a screenshot of your activity and I will post the placings on Monday 25th so only thing to do now is get out and enjoy it ;) and hopefully by the end of February we will all be able to meet at our usual venue and compete against each other

Best of luck
Kevin
086 8one8nine847
kevin

Re: Duathlon Races 2021

Post by kevin »

Just a note on this virtual duathlon event if you want it to count as points and time towards the team events and the club championship then it will have to be completed on the road just so as there is fairness in the results,
as I could do a 20km spin on my turbo and average a speed of 40+kph where as on the road it would be only mid 20’s same goes for the run

I know that everyone will have a different route and gradients will differ but it will still be a lot closer and fairer than someone doing it on the road and someone setting there turbo to downhill for 20km :lol: :lol: if you have any questions on this just ask

Also don’t be afraid to throw up some pictures of you in action they can be shared to the Racing795 members Facebook page or if your not on Facebook send them to me and I’ll share them to the page for you
DavidT

Post by DavidT »

IMG-20210120-WA0000.jpg
IMG-20210120-WA0000.jpg (126.13 KiB) Viewed 26427 times
kevin

Post by kevin »

Results of January virtual duathlon the few that done it on treadmills don’t score points for club or team championship but there are 2 more to go so still time to score well done everyone
Attachments
Duathlon Results Jan 2021 copy.xlsx
(11.48 KiB) Downloaded 747 times
kevin

Post by kevin »

Hi all the seconded round of the duathlon series takes place this week Monday 22nd until Sunday the 28th
Remember to stay within government guidelines and if you want to score points for club championship or the teams series then it can’t be done on a turbo or treadmill so get out on the roads and enjoy the fresh air best of luck and forward all results to Kevin Moran

Cheers
Kevin
kevin

Post by kevin »

results of February Duathlon well done to all involved
Duathlon Results Feb 2021.xlsx
(11.1 KiB) Downloaded 787 times
kevin

Post by kevin »

Hi all the final round of the duathlon series takes place this week Monday 22nd and I will leave it open until Wednesday week the 31st so lots of time to get it done

Remember to stay within government guidelines and if you want to score points for club championship or the teams series then it can’t be done on a turbo or treadmill so get out on the roads and enjoy the fresh air best of luck and forward all results to Kevin Moran

The following need to complete this one to score for there teams or they will all place in last position
Eddie wall
Kevin Moran
Ross Morehead
David Tully
Edel Keogh
Michael Donohoe
Nigel McCord

Cheers
Kevin
kevin

Post by kevin »

Sorry for the delay but here are the Results from our March and our last Duathlon in the series,
Duathlon Results March 2021.xlsx
(11.12 KiB) Downloaded 722 times
there will be no club races in April so to let as many people as possible to support Mike Ryan's challenge to raise money for the two local charities - Wexford Hospice homecare service and Wexford mental health Association, sign up here https://www.itsplainsailing.com/club/racing795

Hopefully in May the restrictions will be relaxed enough for us to meet up and race again maybe even a cup of tea and a chat

Stay Safe and see you all soon
Kevin