Junior Triathlon Bootcamp - Enniscorthy August 8th - 12th

General MTB or Triathlon related discussions. Or anything else you fancy.
RGough

Junior Triathlon Bootcamp - Enniscorthy August 8th - 12th

Post by RGough »

Hi All

Claire and I, with the help of Ivanna are hoping to run a Junior Triathlon Bootcamp in Enniscorthy this summer, subject to numbers. We have run a number of childrens summer camps over the years, but thought this might be something a bit different this year. We are running the summer bootcamp between Enniscorthy Pool and Astro Active from 9.30am - 2.30pm during the week Monday 8th - Friday 12th August. We are aiming the bootcamp at young adults aged from 12 - 18 years old. The cost right now is €75 for the week but we hope to bring that down, with support from Sports Active Wexford and maybe one or two sponsors. Just to clarify, between the three of us, we are fully qualified and insured to run this bootcamp.

Could you please spread the word to family and friends, also any suggestions for places to promote it would be helpful. I am contacting all the running, cycling and swimming clubs in the county. Any questions or suggestions email ruairi@spontaneousmarketing.ie or give me a call 086 2043415

Thank you
Ruairi
johnd

Re: Junior Triathlon Bootcamp - Enniscorthy August 8th - 12t

Post by johnd »

Best of luck with this Ruari
Any suggestions regards 'current standards' for participants? (ie swimming)
RGough

Post by RGough »

Hi John

We have made the standard pretty easy, asking that swimmers can do 4 lengths of a pool. We are hoping to get them to do 12 lengths (300m) on the Friday, which is the distance for Junior Triathlon events.

We are going to see what response we get. The bootcamp is non-competitive, as we don't want to discourage anyone from taking part. The main goal is to get them to try the sport, and enjoy themselves.

Ruairi
RGough

Post by RGough »

Good news, I was contacted by two people today and have two young adults signed up already. Not bad, if it keeps up we will reach our goal number of attendees in no time!
RGough

Post by RGough »

Hi all

More good news, I now have six young adults for the junior bootcamp in August. If you could spread the word I would really appreciate it. The goal is 20 kids so I am little short right now.

Its first come first served!

Ruairi
RGough

Post by RGough »

Hi All

Just to let you know the Triathlon Summer Bootcamp is moving along nicely, I got another four over the weekend, which brings it up to ten so far. At this stage I am confident enough I will get the full complement. the average age profile is 12 - 15 year old. If you know anyone that would be interested in attending the bootcamp let me know.

Ruairi