Challenge Copenhagen

All things race-related.
johnd

Challenge Copenhagen

Post by johnd »

Best of luck to all the 795'ers competing and spectating at the ironman race in Copenhagen this weekend
Tony going for the full monty - I'll be keeping an eye on the athlete tracker, and offering up all sorts of novenas for you
Ciara, Megan & Nora, best of luck in the relay event, nothing easy about that either
Looking forward to hearing all the (tall) tales when ye get back
joy

Re: Challenge Copenhagen

Post by joy »

Good luck guys, no doubt it will be a memorable weekend, not least for the party antics that will follow on Monday night both in copenhagen and Meath :!:
Tony it will be great motivation to have Megan starting just behind you on the swim those that have swam with her will know she glides thru the water so it will be no bother to such a young lady and then off on the bike with ciara, no better woman to keep you pushing by all accounts Ciara is in flying form and more than ready for the challenge. And I have great memories of Barcelona challenge especially the run stage so I'm wondering who you have employed to apply the first aid this time seeing as Nora will be otherwise engaged :lol: Nora who has been training hard will take up the marathon leg for the relay team and no doubt will be pushing hard to perhaps sneak in over the line ahead of hubby Tony.

Wow what a challenge lies ahead of all of you, especially Tony , Best of luck, :twisted: the furlong family will be ringing for regular updates. Enjoy :D
don

Post by don »

The very best of luck to you all, any Ironman competitor deserves serious respect and support.
DavidF

Post by DavidF »

best of luck folks, and Tony remember - keep smiling :D It's your turn to join the founding fathers of Racing795 on the Ironman Roll of Honour..
Chicago 05 (86).jpg
Chicago 05 (86).jpg (25.13 KiB) Viewed 5967 times
pjd

Post by pjd »

Best of luck to Tony , Megan , Ciara and Nora
I'll be thinking of you all Sunday
The most important thing I think Is to enjoy the experience :D
DavidC

Post by DavidC »

Far play to Tony, always smiling and never gives up even when being stalked by an ambulance!
http://racing795.com/2010/09/14/lost-sh ... mber-2010/

Good luck Megan, Ciara, Nora and Tony!
pcoulahan

Post by pcoulahan »

Good luck to all and especially Tony doing it all by himself - mind the nipples now :lol:

Don't forget to enjoy it despite the pain.
BShaugh

Post by BShaugh »

Best of luck Tony - your flockin nuts!!!!!!!!! I can back that statement up by those club members that have already completed an Ironman and are all just one banjo away from the asylum :D Fair play it's a challenge of a life time , hope it all goes well

Ciara, Megan and Nora good luck, will be a huge achievement to complete each of the legs and enjoy the partying afterwards

looking forward to the reports

(tired even thinkin about what's in front of each of ye!)
frankb

Post by frankb »

Yah best of luck to you all in the eatin and drinkin competition with the running, cycling and swimming to break the monotony :D

No stopping at shops Tony :D Your flyin it! Aanyone that completes 140km in v v windy conditions and then challenges a guy who has just done 70km to a sprint finish, is in the right frame of mind for an ironman!

Ciara your flyin it on the bike and in no short supply of determination and Megan ... well - the apple didn't fall far from the tree - no bother to ya (probably better to avoid chatting to the other competitiors during the swim :D )
Dena

Post by Dena »

The very best of luck to everyone. Enjoy the race, and few scoops after.